Chapter 21

Alex pov:

Marcus is a good kisser. But I'm not surprised. I snap out of my thoughts as he pulls away. "What are you thinking about?" He look at me with an annoyed expression. "Nothing." I say, hesitant. "That's not good. You should be thinking about me at the moment." He says in a soft tone in his voice. It sounded demanding in a way. He pulls me closer to his body.

I feel his hand slowly making its way to my ass. I pull his arm away. "Don't even think about it. I'm not doing anything until I'm married." I say, looking directly into his eyes. He has a grin on his face. "Really?" He asks, pulling my face closer to his. "Then should I ask you to marry me?" He looks down at my lips and then at my eyes. "Don't be ridiculous. It's our first night together as..." I cut myself off. What are we? We just started kissing and now we're here.

"Lovers?" I hear Marcus say outside my thoughts. "Lovers?" My face turns warm. I cover my face with my hands and rest it on his chest. "What?" He lets out a chuckle. "Don't you think it's going to be weird if we stay roommates after we said we like each other?" I nod, still hiding my face. He ruffles my hair, before lifting my head. "Come on. Look at me." He tries to pull my hands away from my face. "When did you have time to go to the gym?" He says, still trying to get my hands off. He finally got my hands off my face.

"Finally. Are you really going crazy after calling us lovers." I look up at him and nod. "You're to cute, you know that." He laughs. He comes in with for a kiss, but turn around to grab my phone, but don't see it. "What time is it?" I ask. I haven't been on my phone today, because Marcus took it away for the day. "Shit. I forgot to text my mom back." I quickly get off Marcus and go to my bag on the counter. I hear Marcus walking up behind me. "Looking for your phone?" He says. I nod, still looking through my bag. "Here you go. I took it since I thought you'd look for it during the day." He crosses his arms.

I glare at him and then quickly open my phone. "Don't look at me like that. I wanted your full attention on me today." I hear him say whilst walking towards my room. I quickly begin to call my mother, but it's going straight to voice-mail. "Why isn't she answering?" My heart bonds against my chest, making it hard to breath.  Tears full my eyes. I feel Marcus grab me and pull me against his body. "Why isn't she answering? Is she still mad at me?" I say, as I hold onto Marcus. "Why aren't you saying anything?" I look up at him.

"I don't know what to do in this situation." He looks away. Well his holding me for a reason. "I thought if I hold you, something will come out of my mouth to comfort you. But nothing came out." He says, not looking in my direction. I let out a laugh. "Well, you made me laugh. So you're doing a good job." I pat the top of his head, as he rests his head on my shoulder. "I'll wait when she texts me back." I hug him, tightly. "Ok, but try not to stress about it." He rubs my back.

•••

It's been hours. And nothing from my mother. "You still awake?" I hear say as he grabs onto me. "Yip." I stare at my phone. "What time is it even?" He rolls over to look at his phone, laying down on the bedside table. "Alex, it's one in the morning. You have to sleep." Marcus sounded serious. I look at him. "What if she doesn't want to talk to me anymore. What if something happened." Tears full my eyes again. "That won't happen. I've met her before and yes she is irritating, but she's bearable." I let out a laugh. "So that's what you think about my mother." I move closer towards him.

"In a nice way, yes." He grins at me. "You're an asshole." I softly push him. "What? I'm being honest." He shrugs. "Now that you're smiling. Go to bed." He pins me down on the bed, with his arm. I roll over to look at him. "Thanks." I caress his cheek. He grabs my hand and kisses it. Him as a lover isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

________________________________________