Chapter 13 - Rainy Day

It's been about two weeks since me and Jamie talked about what happened. Everything's been flowing normally. No drama or anything among those lines. Adam did get drafted, third overall to the Blue Jackets and i'm so happy for him. We all watched the draft, and made sure to congratulate him.

It's yet another rainy day, so we all decide to hang out inside. Everyone came over to our house, and i mean everyone. Cole and Turcs drove over, Adam, Luca, Owen, and Ethan all drove over too. Trevor and his siblings just walked over, because they're right next door. We're all down in the basement because it's the only place that can hold all of us.

We've got a Playstation 5, foosball table, a pool table, and enough board games to keep everyone entertained. Trevor and Ethan are playing Chel, Jamie and I are playing foosball, and my brothers are playing pool. I think Ethan is beating Trev, I'm beating Jamie and Luke is winning. Jack is not happy about it. He's such a sore loser. Meanwhile, Adam and Ava are playing a card game, and seemingly flirting. Go her, honestly. Owen, Luca, Griffin, Cole, and Turcs are playing Monopoly. That never ends well around here.

Ethan and Trevors game ends, and Trevor seems to notice what's going on with Adam and Ava. He obviously gets mad about it so he opts out of playing another round with Ethan. I tell Jamie to go play a couple rounds with him, and that i need to handle Trevor.

"Trevor, come here." I say. He get up and stands on the opposite side of the table. "We're gonna play a couple rounds and talk, got it?"

"Okay." Is all he says. We start playing and no one has said anything yet. "What do you want to talk about?" He asks me.

"Your attitude. I saw you get mad after you looked at Ava. You're not Jack, don't start acting like it." I say, nicely.

"I know i know, but she's my little sister. She's still 17, and he got drafted 3rd overall last week. That's a big deal. He's a good looking guy too, so lord knows how many people he's got in his phone now." He says. I know where he's coming from. As an older sibling, you want nothing more than to protect your younger sibling.

"Trev. For all we know it's just harmless flirting, and if it turns into more, then good for her. You and i both know he's a good guy. He doesn't even seem like he could hurt a fly." I say to him, as i score a goal on him.

"I know that, but he's a big shot now. If it turns into something serious, they're in two different states. That takes a toll on a person. You and i both know that." He says, making a point.

"You're not wrong there, but let it play out. We still have a month before any of us have to go home because of training camps. Remember, we're all on off season right now. They have time to figure it out, so let them." I say to him, as he scores.

"Yes! Sorry, but I just don't want to see her hurt. I saw how that went with you and your brothers, i don't want that to happen to us either." He says.

"Trevor, those were two very different situations. It'll be okay. She's got all of the guys, and me included, to back her up if it ends. It might not even turn out to be anything. It might just be harmless flirting." I say.

"You're right. I'm sorry for bringing that up." He says smiling at me slightly.

"It's alright." I say, smiling back. We're tied at 5-5 and we're playing best to ten. He scored two more goals, but i come back with two. He scores again, but i score two. Making the score 9-8. He ties the game up. After about 5 minutes, he scores the winning goal.

"WHOOOOHOOO!!!!" He yells, getting everyone's attention. "Sorry. I beat her 10-9. As you were." He says laughing. I just roll my eyes and went to sit down next to Jamie.