Chapter 32 - Round 2 (pt 1)

Lily's point of view

May 2

The second round of the playoffs start tomorrow. The Ducks's first two games are away, but the Devils games are at home. I'm thinking about going to New Jersey for those games, and then coming back for the Ducks games.

The Devils are playing the Islanders, the Ducks are playing the Stars, the Canadiens are playing the Maple Leafs, and the Canucks are playing the Golden Knights.

The guys are out at practice while Caroline and I are grabbing breakfast together. The guys are still so freaked out by the fact that they're in the playoffs, let alone the second round.

"On a scale of one to ten, how petrified do you think the guys are?" Caroline asks.

"12." I say flatly. She laughs in response. "Truthfully, they shouldn't be. It's the stars."

"That's true. Are you coming with us to the games in Dallas?" She asks.

"Nah, i'm gonna fly out to Jersey. Surprise my brothers and watch their games. Quinn is already out there with our parents." I say. She nods her head.

"Have you talked to Jamie about it?" She asks.

"Not yet. I'm gonna be home for our home games anyways so it's not like i'm missing too much. A bunch of the guys are gonna be out there too. Ethan, Owen, Mark, Seamus, Adam and Luca." I say. "The guys bought tickets to fly home with me too. Trevor needs his friends. Turcs mentioned flying out here after the Canadiens game 3."

"Wow, we're gonna have a lot of people around." She says before stuffing her face with a bite of her bagel.

"Yea, so i'm hoping it goes over well. Jamie should be okay with it, he understands how much my family means to me." I say.

"But the playoffs also mean a lot to him, he'll probably get defensive." She says, making a point.

"I know. I'll talk to him about it when we all get home." I say. We finish up our breakfast and head back home.

At home.

Caroline and I just got home from breakfast, and we saw the guys were already home. We texted and asked if they wanted anything, they said they'd grabbed breakfast on the way home.

"Hey boys." Caroline says walking through the door.

"Hey." They say in unison.

"How was practice?" I ask.

"Long and rough. Coach had us running sprints most of the time." Jamie says.

"Lets not forget that we had to practice hitting. Mason sent Carlsson flying!" Trevor says.

"It was a funny sight to see." Jamie says laughing.

"That's mean. He's just a kid." I say laughing lightly.

"Are you really sticking up for him?" Jamie asks.

"I mean yea. He's a kid, he had a rough rookie sea-"

"No! You cannot say he had a rough rookie season! We're in the playoffs for gods sake!" Jamie says raising his voice at me.

"We're gonna go-" Trevor starts.

"No you're not! You're on the team, you've played with him, against him, and you play the same position. You're staying, and you're backing me up." Jamie says flatly.

"Oh come on Jamie! You know for a fact, that Leo had a horrible rookie season! It was almost exactly, if not worse, than Jacks. Every scoring chance he got, he got put on his ass. And you certainly didn't make it any easier." I say.