Chapter 37 - one more go?

December, 5 years later.

Lily's point of view

The past five years were rough, but utterly amazing at the same time. Me and Turcs grew super close, so i decided to stay in LA. He finally got his big break in the NHL. He and the Kings went to the playoffs earlier this year, but it was unfortunately cut short by the Oilers in the second round.

I still visit Trevor often, but Jamie moved out so I haven't seen him since i got to LA. For the first month or so he tried texting me, but after a while it just stopped. The Ducks went all the way to finals that year, they actually won the Stanley cup. It came down to the Ducks and the Maple Leafs. They won in it game 7, at home.

Im downtown, trying to get ahead of my Christmas shopping. Gotta cover my family, the friend group, Caroline, Diana and Jamie. Despite us not talking anymore, i still try to get him something small so he knows i still care.

Turcs is currently at morning skate cause he's got a game later tonight. I haven't checked against who. I walk into the Apple store, for Turcs. I'm tired of him asking me what time it is all the time, so i'm getting him an Apple watch.

As i'm walking out of the store, i see a familiar head of brown hair followed by that all too familiar head of black hair. "Trevor?" I call out. He nearly breaks his neck to look at me.

"Lily Grace?" He asks. He starts running to engulf me in a hug, as if he didn't see me a few months ago. "My god i've missed you." He says as he lifts me off the ground.

I waste no time in hugging him back. "Hi trev." I say laughing. He sets me back down on the ground. I turn to him, "hi jamie." I say smiling slightly.

"Oh come here." He says opening his arms. I'm not given a choice but to hug him, because Trevor literally pushes me. I wrap my arms around him, and im reminded of everything i tried so hard to move on from.

"How have you been?" I ask him as we pull apart. His touch lingers a little longer than i thought it would.

"Good, actually. I've met someone." Oh. "Um, hockey's going good actually." He says.

"Well that's good. I'm happy for you!" I tell him. "I'm assuming y'all are playing Turcs tonight?" I ask Trevor.

"Yea. He didn't tell you?" Trevor asks.

"Tell me what?"

"We're staying with you instead of the hotel. Coach approved it and everything." He says.

"No. I wasn't informed. Well, do y'all want a ride back to our place?" I ask them. They both nod their heads. "Where's your gear?"

"On the bus. They'll bring it to the arena." Jamie says. I just nod my head. They follow me back to my car. I put the bags in the back and then i try to get in the drivers seat, only to see trevor.

"No. Get out." I tell him.

"No. Get in. Im not dying today." He says.

"Trevor i'm the one that lives here!"

"Lily, i value my life!"

"Get out of my seat."

"No."

"Lily," jamie chimes in "we would like to get there in one piece. Just get in the car." He says.

"Fine." I say rolling my eyes. I hop in the passenger seat. "So you don't see me for a few months, and when you do see me, you decide to revoke my driving privileges. In my car. In my city. To my house." I say to Trevor.

"Yes." He says. I roll my eyes. I plug my phone up to play my music, and "Is It Over Now?" (Taylors version, from the vault) comes on. Me and Trevor waste absolutely no time in singing this song. During the big pause, we sing the Out Of The Woods part that had no business in fitting so perfectly.