Chapter 14 - What a break.

Lily's point of view

It's been a couple weeks since Auston texted me. He actually keeps texting me, but i'm ignoring him. Jamie and I have been doing great. It's been about a month and half since we started dating.

We're packing up all of our stuff, because we're heading home in a couple of days. We're going out to the lake today, everyone, one last time before everyone leaves.

I change and head downstairs. We all head out to the lake. We all race to jump in and this time Owen is the last one in the water. We're all having fun for a couple of hours, and i get out to drink some water. Trevor follows me.

"Hey Lils." He says.

"Hey Z. What's up?" I say.

"How are you?" He asks me.

"I'm fine. How are you?" I ask him.

"Fine. I just wanted to check on you." He says.

"Oh alright." I say.

The conversation died out after that. We stay out on the lake for another three hours. By the time we head back in, it's 3:30 in the afternoon. We get back to the house and i go upstairs to change. I change into a t-shirt and jean shorts, with white converse.

Once everyone was changed, we all went down to the basement to hang out. Adam and Ava stole the foosball machine before anyone else could. Me and my brothers take the opportunity to play a hughes siblings round of pool, while jamie sits back and watches game. Griffin went back to the Zegras house to nap. Ethan, Owen, and Luca are taking turns on Chel. Turcs and Cole went home, but they'll be back for dinner.

For pool, we played as teams. Quinn and I are a team, and Luke and Jack are a team. We played three rounds, and Quinn and I won two of the three. I let Jamie take my place so i can go upstairs and bring down some snacks for everyone.

I come back down and set everything down on the table. I went over to Jamie because he was still at the pool table.

"Hey, i brought some snacks down for everyone. They're on the table." I say as i sit down next to him.

"Okay. I'm not hungry right now." He says.

"Everything okay?" I ask him.

"Yea, i was just thinking." He says, seeming sad.

"Yea? What's up?" I ask him.

"I mean, we go home in a few days. Hockey is gonna start picking up, we have a few months until games start again. We won't be home much, which means less time for you and i. I just, i don't want this to end." He says, finally looking at me.

"Jamie, i wouldn't let this end because of hockey. I grew up around the sport. I know things are gonna get stressful, and that you won't have much time on your hands, but i'll be supporting you through all of it." I say standing up to hug him. He happily lets me.

"I love you." He says kissing my forehead and smiling at me.

"I love you more." I say smiling back.

"Ew disgusting." Luke says from behind us.

"Yea like your face moose." I say laughing.

"Ouch. Straight to the heart Lils." He says, pretending to he hurt.

After that, we all go back to what we were doing. I let Jamie keep playing, so i can sit back and watch Tiktoks. After about an hour, we head back upstairs because dinner was almost ready. Everyone finds a seat, somewhere, as Turcs and Cole walk in.

"Welcome back boys." I say to them as they walk in.

"Good to be back." Turcs says as he pats my head. I roll my eyes at the boy.