Fifty-eight (R)

Faouzia ft

Faouzia ft. John Legend - Minefields.

~

"THIS IS THE SIXTH RESTAURANT in Markham city belonging to Mr. Davian Ash that has suffered another tragedy this week." The redhead female news reporter announces with a stoic expression, sounding absolutely ignorant of the excruciating pain she's inflicting upon my heart.

Apparently, this hotel had a rodent infestation.

Even a stupid person with dyslexia can deduce that all these things are not coincidences. Someone's doing these things to him and if they're all happening now, it means that it has something to do with Sam and Rose's deaths.

Theodore Dawes.

Suddenly the television switches shows, from The News to a rat cartoon.

Urgh. Elizabeth Uzoma. I just know she's the one who changed the shows. I still don't know how a three year old kid can handle a TV remote.

I know I should be grateful that she's trying to get my mind off of Davian unintentionally, but I can't control myself—he's the only reason I'm watching The News anyways, considering I'm not a big fan of inflicting pain upon myself, occasionally. My family however, is the reason I'm watching it on the lowest of volumes.

For a while now, bad things have been happening to him: his houses getting burnt, his hotels catching fire and unexplainable disasters occurring in structures which he owns.

Day after day after day for the past seven days.

One week.

It's been a week since I last saw him-a week since I left him on his bed in California, but unlike that time when I worked in York-South, I hope I see his face again in real life and not news' passports; preferably really soon, because it's hard living like this.

It's gotten easier than when I first returned home, yes, but sometimes - like this morning - when I wake up from sleep with nothing to do but think, my heart begins to ache all over again.

My family try their best to keep me distracted with my friends and conversations, but it still hurts whenever my mind wanders back to California, unintentionally by the way.

It's hard to forget him. It's even harder because I keep imagining him with Ingrid Reid and other faceless women, which still ends up in my thinking about him.

"Say ah." Majid tells me, holding the spoon that's full of cereal up to my mouth.

I sigh. "The milk's dripping onto the floor, Jid."