III

*Flashback to July 2022*

*Colby's POV*

"Come on boys! One more place! I hear this bar has karaoke!" My older brother announces to the group of 7 of his friends and myself. The group seemed excited at the thought of karaoke even though I know they'll all make a fool of themselves. I decided to not get on their level tonight since it was only night 1 of 4 and someone needed to be the look out.

"Fine fine, one last stop," I say opening the door to a bar named 'The Tipsy Tiki'. The name and interior definitely matched the location, Clearwater, Florida, supposedly one of the best beaches in the US. The boys make their way to the already busy bar. For just being past midnight, I'm shocked there's still a bunch of people here. I mean it's not Nashville, but I guess that's why Gage picked the 'Tampa Bay' area as his location for his bachelor party. Not stupid busy but enough bars and clubs to have fun.

I see an open space at the far end of the bar and make my way over there, finding an empty stool and taking it before it's stolen. My legs could use a break, especially with a bit of jet lag still hanging onto me. I watch as the boys start to put their names down on the karaoke list that the DJ had compiled, each of them already having some sort of drink in their hands. I shake my head and grab my phone to scroll on social media.

"Thank you for patiently waiting," someone speaks as they place a coaster in front of me, "what can I get for you?" I look up to be met by a pair of bright blue eyes, brighter than mine if that was even possible. I quickly notice the pink in her braided brunette hair as the pigtails fell in front of her shoulders, which were exposed by the dark grey satin tank top she was wearing, giving her, what seemed to be, fresh tattoo on her right arm some breathing room. It trailed from her collarbone to her shoulder, down her upper arm, ending just below the inside of her elbow.

 It trailed from her collarbone to her shoulder, down her upper arm, ending just below the inside of her elbow

(her flashback hair)

(her arm tattoo)

"Nice tattoo," I nodded forward to it, my eyes meeting hers again. A sweet smile formed on her plump lips that seemed so soft.

"Thank you. You might be the first person to notice it. And that says a lot since I had about 20 regulars come in today."

"Does it mean anything?" I question as I'm always curious about the stories behind people's tattoos. "Well, cherry blossoms are a symbol of new beginnings, which is where I feel like my life is heading soon. Plus, it's my reminder that Japan is top on travel list." She explains as she leans forward on her forearms, causing her VERY noticeable cleavage to become more noticeable. "Now that drink?" She quirks an eyebrow up.