XXIII

*Third Person POV*

The group broke in half in order to take two separate Ubers to JC's house. Sam, Kat, Tara, and Jake in one, while Colby, Maya, Stas, and Niki in another. Maya left her truck at the bar for the night and let the manager know she'd be by in the morning to pick it up. Niki and Stas were in the second row while Maya and Colby were in the back row. Colby had his girlfriend placed on his lap, not being able to keep his hands off her.

The three girls were chatting it up, mainly talking about Maya. The two girls in the middle row were interested in their new friend and wanted to know more about her. They were currently on the topic of Maya's studies. Colby knew all this stuff about his girlfriend though, so he was just resting his head in the crook of her neck with his eyes closed. The accumulation of drinks at the bar have definitely caught up to him as he was feeling pretty drunk. But he felt comfort being in Maya's touch as her hand was combing through his hair.

And Maya could tell he was drunk too. She was just feeling buzzed but not drunk like Colby. She hadn't had as many drinks as he did, so she wasn't on that level.

Stas had asked what kind of photos that Maya likes to take. "Well I enjoy sports photography. I find excitement in capturing the competitiveness and excitement. But I'm always down for any kind of photoshoots with friends. Just don't ask me to do weddings. I was an assistant in one a few years back and it was stressful. I couldn't do that again."

"What kind of photoshoots have you done?" Niki asked.

Maya starts listing them out while counting on her fingers of her free hand. "I've done graduation pictures, an engagement photoshoot for my best friend, a pregnancy announcement for my brother and sister-in-law. I've done professional headshots for people. And just fun photoshoots in general. Oh, and I just did a boudoir photoshoot with Kat that I actually have to go through."

The last topic interested the two girls as they too wanted some done one day. The picture of Maya in her red set of lingerie flashed in Colby's mind when she mentioned the boudoir shoot. As if on instinct, he squeezed her waist and lightly kissed her neck.

Once he grazed her sweet spot under her jawline with his lips, Maya put her hand on his chest pushing him back. "Colby," she said sternly looking into his eyes.

He looked at her with pleading eyes. All he wanted to do was touch her and please her. And although the two other girls and the driver were in the car with them, Colby could care less. Being drunk and horny wasn't a good mix for him. But Maya held her stare with him as her hand stayed on his chest. It was moments like these where they felt they could read each others minds. As Colby's eyes were reading 'let me take care of you', Maya's eyes read 'later'. He slouched feeling defeated, but understanding the circumstances.

Niki and Stas giggle in the row in front of them, making the couple look up to them.

Colby's eyes went between the two girls as he asks, "What?"

The girls shook their heads but Stas spoke up. "Nothing, nothing. We've just never seen you be submissive so easily before."

Colby sat up straighter, "Uh-uh. I am not submissive."

All three girls laugh at his words.

"I don't know. One look in Maya's eyes and you backed down." Niki points out.

"One look in Maya's eyes and you backed down." Colby mimics in a small squeaky voice. Maya stands up for her boyfriend with a smile on her face, "He just knows when I give him a look that it's not the time. Whether people believe it or not but he's very sweet and doesn't push his luck."