IX

Wednesday, August 9th, 2023

*Third Person POV*

The past few days have been nothing less than fun and relaxing. The group primarily hung out on the beach, drank, coming up with ideas for the costume party and buying pieces for them, and even recorded an episode for Maya's podcast, basing it off of the haunted places that Sam and Colby have visited and the things that people have reported along with what they have experienced. And that's what Maya was finishing up editing currently before setting up the timer to post it at 12:01 AM the following day, Thursday, her posting day.

She listened to the beginning again to make sure that she didn't want to cut anything out. "Hey guys, welcome back to the Puzzle Chronicles where I talk unsolved cases, conspiracy theories, and the paranormal. Today, I have a surprise for y'all. I have my first guests!" The group whistles and cheers. "If you can't tell by that, I not only have one guest, not two, but three guests. Please give a warm welcome to Colby Brock, Sam Golbach, and Katrina Stuart!"

"Hello everyone." "Hi!" "What's up?!"

"You may also know the boys as Sam and Colby. And if you haven't heard Zane and Heath's podcast this past Monday then go on over there and check it out cause I have an announcement to make, the same announcement that Colby made over there." There was a pause. "Hi, I'm Colby's secret girlfriend who will remain anonymous until further notice."

"I just want to say one thing before we start," Colby starts, "Please give my girl some love that I know our fans can and lets not spread hate please."

"For real, you guys don't know the ins and outs of their relationship yet, but I can promise that from the few days that Kat and I have gotten to know her and the way her and Colby are, they are a perfect match that deserve only love," Sam comments.

"Aww, thanks Sam." Colby chuckles.

"Now it wouldn't be any podcast with Sam and Colby, and the lovely Kat of course, if we didn't go into some deep dives with their paranormal experiences."

Maya pauses the podcast, knowing the rest sounds great, adding a title and uploading it so it can post on its own later on.

"BAAAABBBBEEE!" Colby yells walking into her bedroom and over to her podcast desk where she was sitting.

"WHAAAAATTTTT?" She gives the same tone he made as she spins to face her boyfriend.

He places his hands on the arm rests and leans into her. "Are you done yet? It's almost 10." He smiles at her lovingly.

"Yes, yes I'm done. But I need help connecting the trailer to my truck so we can bring my side-by-side."

"Your dad already handled that." He says giving her a peck on the lips. She smiles, pushing against his chest so she can stand up. "Alright, let's go then."

Maya grabs her purse, taking out her ID and debit card, "Bug, can you hold these in your wallet, I don't want to bring my purse?" "Sure thing," he says taking them and placing them in the back of his wallet. Maya grabs her truck keys and the keys to her side-by-side.

As everyone was already dressed and ready after dinner, all they needed to do was get there. Colby and Maya walk out front to see her dad engaged in conversation with Sam and Kat. "Hey, ready to go?" Colby asks bouncing on his toes, something Maya noted as a trait he does when he's excited.

"Yeah." "Let's do this!"

"Be careful guys, have fun!" Scott calls out. Maya gives him a hug, "Have a good night off dad. Get some rest, you need it before 48 hour on call starts in the morning." "Will do sweetheart," he kisses the top of her head, letting her go join her new friends he was glad she made. Scott knew his daughter only had two close friends as she cut a lot of people out after the incident.