XXXI

Wednesday, August 30th, 2023

*Maya's POV*

I woke up cuddled into the sheets and comforter, but with no Colby. I figure he must be in the editing room. I sit up and stretch. I look at my phone and see it's almost 11 am. I decide it's best to get up and shower, especially after last night. During our deep conversations, we ended up going another round. This one more rougher but nonetheless amazing.

I wrap the sheet around me, in case anyone walks in, and go into the bathroom, shutting it behind me. I set my phone down, playing some music and start up the shower.

'Bad Idea, Right?' came on and I sang the lyrics I knew, realizing that I should probably start picking up the lyrics more so I can practice for the music video.

Near the end of the shower while finishing shaving my legs and bikini area, I hear my phone ding. It just sounded like a simple notification. That was until, it was continuously rolling in, non-stop. I quickly finished up, and stepped out. I threw my hair in one towel and dried off my body with another.

I take a look at my phone to see thousands of notifications across Twitter and Instagram on both my personal and podcast accounts. Only one notification stood out and that was from YouTube. 'Colby Brock uploaded a video: Introducing my Girlfriend'.

I went ahead and changed the settings of my notifications to being only from people I follow so my phone isn't continuously blowing up.

I bite my lip before walking into the bedroom and changing into underwear, black spandex, and a loose baby pink crop top tee. It was hot. I sit on the bed, pulling out my laptop from underneath and powering it on.

I quickly get into YouTube and watch the video that Colby posted.

I sit crisscrossed as I watch with a smile on my face. When he started talking about me more, I couldn't help but blush. I even giggled when he whispered 'so sexy' under his breath but it was still audible to the camera. My heart swelled when he was going on a tangent about me. It was like he was talking to Sam about me, but instead it was millions of people.

I teared up a bit when he compared me to an angel walking into his life. He admitted to me that he was going through a dark and depressed time in his life when we met. I didn't realize that I brought him out of that so easily. I just wanted to make him happy, even as a friend during the months before we became official.

I laughed when he apologized to his mom for not bringing me to Arizona yet to meet them. I've spoken to her on FaceTime before but we haven't had the chance to meet yet. Hopefully that can change this year.

After putting his thought out of me being his editor for future videos, he ended up putting a black screen with text that read, 'She agreed :)' with a celebratory cheer behind it. He must've added this just this morning since we only talked about it last night.

I laugh out loud when I watch our interaction. I didn't think he'd keep it in honestly. I can't help but watch the way he stares at me when I wasn't looking directly at him. It gave me butterflies. It made me feel loved watching the way he looked at me. He wasn't known for being a softy. Other than Sam, I was really the only person he showed that side to.

Colby kept the part in where I whispered in his ear and he blushed from my offer. Luckily, the audio didn't catch it. And luckily, him smacking my butt was off camera cause that doesn't need to be clipped and posted everywhere.

I smiled at the words he said after I had left the room and blushed when he mentioned that I wasn't going anywhere whether they like me or not.

"And at last, I'd like to introduce to you guys, my incredible girlfriend, Maya Grace Lambert," Colby says before the screen fades to black. A video and photo montage starts with some instrumental music behind it, but with some audio from the video clips were audible in some parts.