10.

On a scale of one to ten, Jungkook would rate his old self an eight in the adventure meter

On a scale of one to ten, Jungkook would rate his old self an eight in the adventure meter. He used to be quite adventurous. He loved to travel and explore new places. Going out for walks and rides around the neighborhood was his everyday routine. He was not fond of staying inside the same room all day long but sadly things had changed now.

He was not the same adventurous boy anymore. That person was just a distant image of his soul that appeared like a dream even to his own self. It had been exactly one year, seven months and five days since the accident but he had not once stepped outside the boundary his family had set for him.

This was his very first time being away from that small world. That too only after being kidnapped by his husband.

The thought itself was enough for him to smile. Taehyung sure was one hell of a person. "Jeon! How long are you going to stay in the closet? Change your clothes and come outside quickly." And yes! His husband was bossy too. A completely peculiar and surprising creature.

"I can't find a suitable outfit Taehyung-ssi. You said that my clothes are in here too." Jungkook couldn't find any clothes as per his convenience. He had been searching for the past ten minutes. "There are so many shirts and shorts hanging there. Wear anything and come out." The words enough for him to feel as if he was being mocked at.

"You know I can't wear them." The ravenette mumbled to himself not realizing that Taehyung had stepped inside the walk-in closet too. "Why can't you?" He asked, startling the other. With long careful strides he covered the remaining distance between them. "Tell me. Why do you think you can't wear these?"

"Because I'm not someone pleasant to see. My scars make people uncomfortable."

"Are they people you love or care for?" Taehyung softly inquired. Smiling when he received a timid 'No' in return. "Then their opinion doesn't matter. They can judge all they want but you'll live your life according to your own rules."

"It is not easy Taehyung-ssi. I've seen disgust in people's eyes. I've heard them mock me because apparently they think that I can't hear at all. People have made fun of my disabilities as if it's something enjoyable. I don't want to face that again." There were unshed tears in his eyes. His voice cracking from time to time.

"Look at me Jeon." The blonde had no idea of why he was speaking so gently but the only goal in his mind was to make Jungkook realize a little of his worth. He didn't care if it was too forward or not but caressing the younger's cheeks with love was what felt like the most appropriate gesture at that moment.

"I've always heard people make fun of my eyes. They've called me a monster, a sin and whatnot but there are people who have loved me for the very same feature too. You'll find all sorts of people in this world and it is up-to you to decide who you'll listen to. I know your pain is something I can never even imagine but I can definitely try to understand your feelings and maybe help you out of your sorrow. So why don't we try it?"