28.

Fear

Fear. A feeling that strangles you until you're rendered mindless. It kills you inside, ceasing the entire body slowly yet painfully. Jungkook too could feel this suffocation when his form took in the first falling light. It was just a few strides away from his husband.

Taehyung is on the stage!

He did not know what came over him after that. The screams and the people around him didn't matter at all. He only had one goal in his mind and that was to see the blonde safe and sound. His body instinctively jumped over the barricades placed around the elevated platform.

He ran towards the ramp when another light fell crashing down. His heartbeats became frantic on realising that it was the same spot where Taehyung had been standing a few seconds ago. He ran faster but the stamped had gone crazy. People were running in all directions haphazardly, slowing him down in the process.

"LET ME GO!" Jungkook forcefully pushed his way through and just when he was about to climb up, a loud creak was heard. Scared he looked above only to find out that a light was about to fall on the other.

"TAE!" He screamed with all his might, his body struggling to haul itself up the stage without any external support. "NO!" The boy desperately tried to get to Taehyung but he was very late. The prop was falling down way too quickly. It was just a few inches away from hitting his love.

"TAE! NO!" He closed his eyes. Not being able to bring himself to see the horrific accident but to his utter bewilderment no crashing sound reached his ears. Hesitantly he looked ahead and saw that the light was hanging loosely from its wire that was still stuck to the overhead rods. The spotlight dangling pretty close to Taehyung's face, enough to feel it's heat on his skin.

He sighed, an ounce of his sanity settling in. Using all his strength he finally pulled himself up and dashed forward, immediately taking Taehyung into his embrace and away from the loosely hanging light. "Tae! Love, are you alright?" He inquired but no response came from the frozen male.

"Okay you don't have to talk. Let's get down from here first." Jungkook delicately cupped his face and gave him an assuring nod. "Kook....." The whisper was low but he heard it nonetheless since all his attention was on that one peron.

"Ye.....oh! " The raven head exclaimed in terror, Taehyung's body suddenly falling on him completely. "TAE!" He tapped his cheeks but the other remained senseless. Worried to the core he picked the blonde up in his arms and rushed towards the corner where the security had already placed a wooden staircase to bring them to safety.

"Infirmary?" His loud panicked voice caused another uproar as a few guards gestured him to follow them. He ran behind the men in black with an unconscious Taehyung in his arms. Please be alright. Please be alright. Just one thought kept repeating itself in his brain. The terror taking hold of him with every passing second.

"WE NEED A DOCTOR!" He announced as soon as he entered the white room.

"Lay him down mister." The physician in the infirmary hurried for the two and started checking up on the boy for any injuries. Jungkook stood there peering at the scene while his body was on the verge of having a mental breakdown.