48.

"Why did you do it?"

Yuna scoffed, looking away from the detective siting infront of her. "I did not do anything. I have been framed by my enemies. I will not speak until and unless I get to talk to my lawyer. I have that much knowledge about these procedures. You can't make me say things against my benefit."

"That's such a criminal thing to say." The young man commented. An amused expression etched all over his countenance. "Let me start from the basics. I am officer Kim Mingyu and I will be handling your case. I've already taken a look at the charges against you and it looks quite hopeless. After seven years of experience let me suggest you one thing Mrs. Kim. Getting a lawyer in this situation would not help you at all."

"You must be working for the Jeons. This is why you're trying to manipulate me into agreeing to these false charges." The woman snickered. Her eyes red from the ordeal of the previous night. "I will still not speak. Get me a lawyer. GET ME MY LAWYER!"

Mingyu sighed. He was already feeling tired of her tantrums. Criminals like these were always a hassle for him. He hated them from the pits of his heart. "First of all stop shouting. It's not really a place where you can be this arrogant ajhumma. You'll get to call a lawyer eventually. Right now I'm trying to investigate."

"Jungkook is listening to us, isn't he? I know how these things work mister. That nosey boy has been too invested in my business ever since he married Taehyung. Tell him to back off now or else he will not end up in the best places. He has already lost a lot of his body. Is he not interested to save the rest of it?"

"Noted." The younger laughed. "You are such a dumb person. You just gave me another proof of your wrongdoings. I am a detective, remember? I am not a random person who can't do anything about the vile things you have been saying. So now tell me nicely, why did you attack your step son?"

"I repeat myself. I. Did. Not. Do. Anything."

Yuna was adamant. She had been denying all accusations on her ever since the start of the investigation. It had been four hours and two new officers, but she was still the very same. Totally in denial.

Frustrated by her tantrums Mingyu sprang up from his seat. The chair fell down with a crashing sound as the boy leaned forward with a threatening look in his eyes. "We gave you enough chances Kim Yuna. Four fucking hours and you are still the same arrogant and overconfident woman I have been hearing since morning. There are limits to our patience too. Do not cross them."

"I need a lawyer. I did not do anything and I will not bow down to your threats."

"Your husband, son and Jungkook are witnessing everything that's happening in this room through that screen." The officer stated. "They have refused to lend you any sort of help. Contrary to your wants they are the ones who filed the case against you in the first place. Also if you think that your cousin will help you then it's better to stop hatching those eggs inside your brain."