49.

Darkness is scary

Darkness is scary.

If Taehyung had not realised that before, he does now. The way his body refused to listen to him was extremely terrorizing. He hated how everything around his sight was dark and unclear. His mind a mess from being in that condition for too long.

Everytime he would try to move something heavy stopped him from doing so. Everytime he would try to open his eyes something pulled him back to the shadows. Honestly the situation was extremely scary, to the point where he wished to cry his heart out.

But there was someone who made him feel safe even in that daunting situation.

Jungkook. His Jungkook.

That gentle constant touch and sweet nothings were the only gestures keeping him from spiraling completely into that gloom.

The way his husband would repeatedly ask him to open his eyes made him try harder each time. Despite his body refusing to co-operate he tried his best. He kept trying until he finally succeeded.

And damn! It was so worth it.

Those beautiful bambi eyes were staring back at him with the entire universe glittering inside. He smiled trying to tell his love that he was fine and that there was no need to cry anymore.

"I love you." The raven head whispered in return.

Now, who wouldn't want to wake up to that? Who wouldn't want to open their eyes and witness a person expressing their undying compassion for them? Taehyung for sure was a goner for this dreamy man.

Unknowingly a laugh escaped his lips at the spontaneity of the younger's actions. He felt so happy to finally see Jungkook in front of him and not just hear his voice.

"Come." He faintly whispered, raising his hands towards the other. He wanted to touch him. He wanted to feel him. He wished to savour the warmth of his lover's body to his heart's content and maybe Jungkook wanted that too.

Because the male did not even blink before pouncing on him. He buried his face in the crook of Taehyung's neck, his embrace being completely gentle. An endearing contrast to his bubbling sentiments.

"I was so scared."

One drop, two drops, then three and Jungkook slowly let go of his strength. The tears that he had been gulping down escaped him with just one touch. The delicate caress of his favourite hands and the feeling of Taehyung holding onto to him was his breaking point.

"I w...was so scar....scared. There was a kn...knife in your chest and you w..were bleedin....g so much. Your fa..face was extr.....extremely pale and it terrified me. I thought I lo...lost you."

Jungkook wailed like a child. This body convulsed with the sniffles that left his mouth. His tears drenched Taehyung's hospital gown wet. The raven head clung to the elder like a koala, scared that everything might just be an illusion.