CHAPTER 1 - A STORM OF SORROWS

It was a grand and vibrant venue, filled with beautiful decorations and cultural traditions. Adorned with colorful flowers, drapes, and intricate designs. All the wealthy,rich and classy people are gathered to witness the union of the couple, participate in rituals, and celebrate with music, dance, and delicious food.

As the wedding venue buzzed with excitement, Shanaya carefully arranged the chairs, determined to create a perfect seating plan. But amidst the joyful chaos, some guests casually moved the chairs to suit their own comfort.

Shanaya found herself at the center of an unexpected confrontation. Mrs. Kapoor, a guest known for her sharp tongue, accused Shanaya of intentionally bumping into her, causing a commotion. Feeling hurt and confused, Shanaya looked to her not-so-biological mother, Mansi, for support.

Mansi, with a mix of concern and determination, approached Mrs. Kapoor, trying to diffuse the situation. "What happened, Mrs. Kapoor? Is there a problem?" she asked, hoping to understand the situation better. However, Mrs. Kapoor's anger only intensified as she labeled Shanaya a "witch" and demanded action be taken against her.

Shanaya, her innocent eyes welling up with tears, looked to Mansi for guidance. Mansi, apologized to Mrs. Kapoor and assured her that she would handle the matter appropriately. "I'm sorry, Mrs. Kapoor. I will make sure Shanaya faces the consequences for her actions. Please, enjoy the rest of the celebration," Mansi said, trying to maintain peace.

Mrs. Kapoor, still fuming, responded with a curt "You better, Mrs. Singhania," before storming away. Mansi's gaze shifted to Shanaya, her frustration evident. "You never cease to disrespect me and embarrass me in front of others, do you?" she scolded Shanaya, her words laced with disappointment.

Shanaya, trembling with fear, managed to stammer an apology. "I-I am sorry, Maa. I did it by mistake. Please forgive me," she pleaded, her voice barely audible.

Mansi's anger flared as she snapped at Shanaya, "Just shut up! How selfish can you be? There's so much work to be done, and you're wasting time making mistakes. Don't you have any shame? You live in this house, in this wealthy family that took you in from that poor orphanage, and instead of showing gratitude, you make these blunders. Just go and do your work, you brat!"

As Shanaya retreated, her heart heavy with sadness, she couldn't help but wonder if there was more to her existence than being a burden.

Shanaya, her eyes welling up with tears, was about to leave when Mansi stopped her and asked, "Is Shreya ready?" Shanaya, not knowing for sure because she was always burdened with household responsibilities,in the name of returning the favour of getting adopted by them replied, "I-I don't know, Maa. I'm going there." Living in this house for 24 years, Shanaya had always felt scared, afraid, and constantly on edge around her family members. They never truly loved her as a daughter, but rather treated her like a maid.

Mansi, irritated and impatient, yelled at Shanaya, calling her a "bloody idiot" and accusing her of being jealous of her sister's wedding. Shanaya widened her eyes in disbelief, never having thought of it in that way. She bluntly responded, "N-no, w-why w-would I be? She is my s-sister." Mansi's frustration grew, and she yelled again, "Then fucking go and see if she needs any help getting ready!"

Shanaya nodded, her eyes still filled with tears, and quickly ran upstairs. Wearing the heavy yet inexpensive and cheap lehenga that Mansi had given her. Despite its affordability, Shanaya looked beautiful and radiant, like an angel. Every dress she wore seemed to suit her perfectly.

 Every dress she wore seemed to suit her perfectly

Shanaya's current dress

As Shanaya climbed the stairs, thoughts of Shreya filled her mind. Shreya, the beloved daughter of Mansi, was like a princess in her parents' eyes. She lived a life of luxury and abundance, where her every desire was fulfilled. Unlike Shanaya, Shreya never had to yearn for anything; her dreams effortlessly came true. Their stark differences were evident - Shreya, selfish and immature, seemed to understand Shanaya but never truly loved her as a sister. Today was Shreya's wedding to a billionaire, the CEO of Deshmukh Corporation. He was described as incredibly handsome and perfect in everything he did, but his arrogance and rudeness were notorious. Shanaya had never met or seen him, as her family deemed her not so important and unworthy of such encounters. However, Shreya's words painted a picture of this enigmatic man in her mind.

Shanaya's heart raced as she approached Shreya's bedroom door. She knocked persistently, but there was no response. Feeling a mix of curiosity and concern, she slowly turned the handle and cautiously peeked inside. What she saw left her utterly shocked and speechless. It was something she never could have anticipated or imagined. What could it be?

√√••••••••√√••••••••√√•••••√√••••••••••••••√√

Hey there! It's your author here....
Sooo Shanaya opened Shreya's bedroom door and discovered something intriguing inside. The suspense is building, and we're all eager to find out what happens next right? If you could kindly vote, follow, and share your thoughts through comment, it would greatly encourage me to continue writing. Your support means a lot, and I appreciate it!