CHAPTER 11 - FRIENDS?

Author's pov

When Shanaya got back, she was heading to her room when Isha excitedly stopped her. "Shanaya, wait! Did you give him the lunch?" she asked. Shanaya slowly nodded, her ears turning red as she remembered what happened earlier. Isha, still buzzing with excitement, asked, "Did something happen? Did you guys chat?"

Shanaya was pondering how to relay the events at his office when Isha's follow-up question threw her off. Just as she was about to respond, Raghav's voice echoed from the living room, calling for Isha. His tone seemed urgent, causing Isha to rush off, with Shanaya trailing behind.

They walked in to find Raghav and Rekha glued to the TV. The sight on the screen widened their eyes - one in shock, the other in surprise. It was the clip of parth revealing Shanaya as his wife. Isha couldn't contain her excitement seeing the news, "Wow! Parth announced their marriage! Fantastic! My plan worked." Her words caused everyone in the room, already stunned by the news, to look at her in bewilderment. "What plan?" they asked in unison.

Isha gasped, covering her mouth, realizing she had unwittingly spilled the beans. "I sent Shanaya to the office with his lunch," she confessed. Hearing this, both Raghav and Rekha pieced together her scheme. They facepalmed themselves, listening to their wife and daughter-in-law's words. Meanwhile, Shanaya was still trying to figure out what the 'plan' in 'giving him lunch' was. She was too naive to understand.

But she brushed it off, considering the news that was spreading. In her mind, Shanaya thought that he had blurted out that she was his wife to save her from embarrassment, and now that everyone would know, he might feel upset and ashamed. She believed he hadn't meant anything by it, as he had made it clear on their first day after the wedding. Whenever something happened between her and Parth, she would always try to avoid the subject, as his words about her not being his wife always echoed in her mind.

Shanaya anxiously asked, "Dad, what will he do now? The news has spread." Raghav replied with conviction, "Don't worry, dear! If he revealed it himself, he must know the consequences. I'm sure he's prepared and will sort everything out." Shanaya nodded and went to their bedroom, starting to ponder about what happened at the office.

She indeed felt like the wife of a respected man, the way he had introduced her had given her butterflies, but when she thought about the news, she couldn't help but feel insecure about herself. Her identity as the wife of the handsome billionaire was unveiled. She thought that he must have felt embarrassed seeing the news that his wife was Shanaya. A single tear escaped her eyes as she closed them.

As time passed, she spent the whole time thinking about the news and feeling insecure about herself.
It was around 9 pm, dinner time, when Shanaya was just about to finish her cooking. The doorbell rang, and the worker opened the door to let in the two brothers, Parth and Shourya.

Without a word, Parth headed straight to his room to freshen up, while Shourya, ever the drama king, exclaimed as the delicious aroma of food hit his nostrils, "Ah, Bhabhi and her cooking. I love them both. Just hold on, Bhabhi, I'll be right back after freshening up."

Shanaya was lost in thought, surprised to see Parth home early. Why did he come back so soon, especially after what happened at his office? It is so awkward to face him, she whined innerly thinking about him, yet somewhere deep down, she was glad to see him home early. Her train of thought was interrupted by her brother-in-law's voice.

She chuckled at his dramatic statement and redirected her attention to the meal she was preparing.Ten minutes later, both Parth and Shourya returned, looking incredibly handsome even in their casual t-shirts and pants. Shanaya served the food silently, stealing a quick glance at Parth from the corner of her eye before quickly looking away, still feeling awkward about the incident at his office.