CHAPTER 7 - THE NEW BEGINNING

Parth's pov

I woke up to the sun rays on my face, feeling refreshed by a sweet fragrance. As I opened my eyes and sat up, I spotted Shanaya drying her long hair, looking stunning in a perfectly draped saree. She seemed unaware of me awake as she applied vermilion and wore the mangalsutra.

Shanaya's outfit

It was then that I realized I was married to her

It was then that I realized I was married to her. Marriage was never on my radar, but if there's one thing I'm least interested in, it's love. It feels like everyone only cares about money, regardless of gender cause I have seen myself getting proposals just because of my looks and wealth. Girls date guys for their wealth, and guys date girls for the same reason or their own needs.

I had a perfect life with my family and business until my family started pressuring me to get married. I rejected every proposal, thinking they would eventually give up. But in the past few months, they resorted to blackmailing. My dadi even threatened to harm herself if I didn't comply. I couldn't understand why she would go to such extremes, but when she actually harmed herself and ended up in the hospital, I made a promise to marry the girl they chose. That's when my family introduced me to Shreya, the daughter of the Singhania family.

I met Shreya a few times too, and she seemed nice, but sometimes gave off a rich brat vibe mixed with practical thinking. Even though I couldn't love her, I wanted to be responsible and sincere. But on the day of the marriage, Shreya running away was a huge mistake.

Which I will anyhow make her regret her whole life time. It hurted my family because they had high expectations for her. And the worst part that didn't even thought of having a discussion and took a freaking wrong decision by themselves by making me marry Shanaya instead.

When my mom lifted Shanaya's chunnari, I was shocked yet pleasantly surprised by her beautiful face and innocent eyes. But trust was hard to come by, whoever it is Shanaya or Shreya or their family they will pay for it. They did fucking wrong. After all the betrayal, I ordered the guards to throw her out of the house.

But the next morning, she was sitting with my family, applying vermilion and wearing a mangalsutra. I couldn't believe she had the audacity to be in my house and claim to be my wife. It was freaking frustrating as I was forced by my one and only dadi to sit beside her again.

And then she dropped the bomb that she's actually the adopted daughter and was forced into this marriage herself to repay the Singhania family. It left me shocked. Is she really that innocent? I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. And as I noticed her more closely, her scent was quite alluring. Her red nose, chubby cheeks, plumpy lips, and her innocent eyes were dripping tears. I really wanted to wipe them away, but I don't know why her pain was making me feel something I've never felt before.

But then, dadi went ahead and finalized the decision of her being my wife, which made me burst into anger. I shouted, like seriously, how could they trust her after what her family did? I mean, come on! What did this girl do that my family is acting like they're out of their minds? But dadi didn't listen to me, not even once.