Chapter 14

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"For one anxious moment there I half expected you to call out the name of the guy you were with earlier this evening," Neo whispered into Mark's ear while hugging him after their passionate lovemaking session.

"I can't even remember his name anymore," Mark chuckled.

"Does that mean that I have managed to help you forget him and whatever happened between you and him this evening?" Neo asked, gently brushing off a few strands of hair from Mark's sweaty forehead.

For an answer, Mark reached out and lowered Neo's face to him and planted a quick kiss on his lips.

Then Mark straightened up saying, "I have to go."

"What???" Neo sounded both incredulous and offended at the same time. "What is this, touch and go? Hit and run?"

"My brother must be wondering what happened to me." Mark explained.

As if to back up his explanation, Mark's phone started to ring. The ringtone indicated it was his brother Max calling.

Before Mark could even say hello, he heard Max saying, "I thought you said you were just going for a spin in Gawin's new car."

"Sorry, I forgot the time," Mark explained. "I was just about to head home."

"Make it quick," Max said. "I need your help."

"Help with what?" Mark asked.

"Just come home," Max said and cut the call.

"So his name is Gawin," Neo said when Mark put his phone back in his pocket.

"How did you know?" Mark raised an eyebrow at Neo.

"Your brother's voice was loud enough for me to hear," Neo replied.

"It's not polite to eavesdrop into other people's conversation," Mark frowned at Neo.

"Sorry," Neo said, "I tend to make it my business when I'm emotionally involved with someone."

"You mean Louis," Mark muttered as he headed for the front door.

Neo grabbed Mark's wrist.

"I meant you, idiot," Neo said before pulling Mark close to him for a long, deep kiss.

"I really have to go," Mark pulled away, panting heavily because he had to take in some much needed air.

Mark was already out the door when he realized that he had not brought his car with him. He had asked Neo to pick him up from the seafront earlier in the evening because Gawin, that bloody jerk, had left him to find his own transportation. Well, in fairness to Gawin, Mark had made the decision to leave Gawin.

Mark took out his phone as he walked out of the front door and walked down the driveway to the curb. Mark looked for the app on his phone to call for a taxicab.

Mark was already stepping out into the curb when he heard a soft honk.

What the hell. Gawin's car was parked at the curbside. Gawin stepped out of his car.

At the exact same time, Neo had come running out of his front door. Neo had just remembered that Mark had no car to bring himself home.

"Mark!" Gawin called out, walking quickly towards Mark.

"Mark!" Neo reached Mark at the exact same time.

Mark turned from Gawin to Neo, undecided what to do next.