Chapter 31

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Neo reluctantly agreed with everything Mark had to say about him and did not keep him from leaving, although it was very much against his own personal wishes.

Yeah, maybe they should first go on a 'get to know each other better' phase before jumping into anything that they might regret later on.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow evening?" Neo asked as he walked with Mark to the front door.

"Not really," Mark replied. "I will probably ask to get invited to dinner by Max and Tul because I do not know the first thing about cooking."

"How about I cook for you tomorrow evening?" Neo offered.

Mark's face lighted up.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"A hundred and one per cent," Neo replied firmly.

"Do you know how to cook beef massaman curry?" Mark asked keeping his fingers crossed tightly behind him.

"Umm... I could learn to cook it," Neo replied.

"In other words, no, you don't know how to cook it," Mark's face fell in disappointment.

"Is beef massaman curry one of your favorite dishes?" Neo asked.

"It is my MOST favorite dish," Mark said. "Gawin recently cooked it for me."

The moment those words got out of Mark's mouth, he regretted it.

There was a brief awkward silence.

"Look, you don't have to cook it for me," Mark said, wanting to bite his tongue.

"Okay," Neo said. "I'm gonna cook something else."

"What did you have in mind?" Mark asked.

"Egg scrambled in very salty shrimp paste," Neo replied, struggling to keep a straight face.

"Forget it," Mark said, marching out the front door. "I'm gonna plead and beg to my brother to take me with him on his dinner date with Tul."

Neo chased after Mark.

"I was kidding! I was kidding," said Neo between chuckles.

"What are you going to cook then?" asked Mark.

"What do you suggest?" Neo countered.

"A seafood dish would be a good option," Mark said as he continued to walk down the driveway and into the curb where he had parked his car very close to Neo's driveway.

"Very well, then," Neo agreed heartily. "I will think of a good seafood dish to cook for you."

"See you tomorrow then," said Mark, getting into his car.

Neo blew a kiss to Mark as Mark pulled away from the curb,

When Mark reached his house, he was surprised to see Gawin's car parked on the opposite side of the street where his house was.

Mark got out of his car and waited while Gawin crossed the street to approach him.

"Hey," Gawin said in greeting.

"I thought that by now you had found someone to replace me," Mark teased Gawin. "That was the last thing you said to me just before I left your house,"

"I tried but I couldn't find anyone who could please me like you do," Gawin said, looking intently into Mark's eyes.

"Stop with the drama and tell me why you're here to see me," Mark said.

Just at that moment, Max walked out the front door and waved at Gawin.

"Hey, glad you could make it!" Max called out to Gawin.

Mark looked from Max to Gawin.

"What is this, you guys are dating now?" Mark raised his eyebrows so high that they almost reached his hairline.

"Oww!" Mark complained when he got a painful flick on his forehead from Max.

"He's here to discuss a business proposal with me and Tul," Max explained.

"Over food and drinks?" Mark asked hopefully, waiting to be invited to the business meeting of his brother and his brother's friends.

"Yes," Max replied. "I have already ordered food and drinks to be delivered. They should be delivered any time now. If you're joining us, you're paying for them."

"No, thanks," Mark said, getting back into his car, and heading towards Neo's address.