26

" Zack ? " Emily asked as she slowly opened her eyes to see her brother sitting Infront of her .

" Yeah sis , I came back for you , and brought you some of your stuff , I got you your favourite snacks a warm blanket instead of that uncomfortable hospital blanket and oh yeah I got you your phone and a portable charger" Zack said as he pulled out some of the stuff he mentioned out of a bag that was laying beside his legs on the floor.

" Zack " Emily called out again .

" Uh , yeah Emily? What's wrong, are you feeling okay ? Or did I forget something? " Zack asked with a confused expression but also a worried one .

" Where's mom ? " She asked with a worried expression, as if she was actually worried about her mother .

Zack's eyes widened a bit as he turned to look at Axel who was also surprised, why would she be asking about the crazy lady who almost stabbed her to death ?

" Why are you asking about that crazy lady , did you forget what she did to you? , are you suffering from memory lose ? " Zack asked with his voice sounding a bit mad .

" Zack , she's our mother , I remember what she did to me , I remember every detail of that horrible day , but - but she's mom , can't help but still be worried about her even after what she did to me , I know she must have been sick in the mind or under the influence of something, am sure , cause I know that mom wouldn't have done all that if she was in her right mind , Zack she loves us , and I will still love her no matter what, so Zack , please, tell me , is she okay ? " Emily said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

She kept waiting for an answer from Zack but he just looked down and she could tell he was also crying as she watched little droplets falling on the bed were she is laying down .

" Zack , mom's okay right , she's okay , if - if you're afraid to tell me that she was taken to a mental hospital or something then tell me, it's fine, that's actually good , as long as she's not dead it's fine " Emily said as she sat up a bit groaning lightly in the process due to the pain .

Zack looked up at her , eyes red and swollen as more tears ran down .

" Emily, it- it's all going to be fine , I - I promise, yo-you still got me " Zack stuttered as he feared her reaction.

" You're joking right , you have to be , this can't be true , h-how could she leave us , no , Zack , no , she didn't, I know it , she promised not to leave me , you remember that day , when she got so mad when I asked her to see dad , the day when she screamed at me and broke her favorite glass , yeah , that day , she came to my room at night , she found me crying, she sat beside me on the bed and apologized, she said that she loves me and that she'll always be by my side and with me , she promised me , and - and kissed me on the forehead, Zack you can't joke about things like that , yo-you can't " Emily ranted and with her last words she broke into a fit of tears as she reliezed that he wasn't joking, Zack got up and hugged her tight as she cried in pain .

Anyone who would hear her cry from the out side would know that she's feeling pain , sever sadness and like her chest and heart are burning up in grief . She was crying so hard she couldn't even breath and was gasping for air and Zack was crying too as he hugged her very tight to his chest , she is the only family he got now and he doesn't intended on letting her go any time soon .

That crying party lasted for a few more minutes but soon they both calmed down as they started feeling sick and dizzy, they both sat there gasping for air with bloodshot eyes and wet cheeks , minutes later they started talking about there mom and the good times they spent with her .

Going to the park together at 10 pm and strolling through the park in the darkness as the only thing that light there path was the full moon .

Another good moment was when Emily turned 16 and there mother decided that Emily was ready to learn how to drive, she got her her own car with some of the money she had been saving for a while and started teaching her , whenever emily would get in the driver's seat and there mother in the passenger seat they won't stop laughing, there mother would teach her how to park and every time she would hit the cones or run over a manikin that her mom put up as an obstacle they would both burst in laugher.

Or when Zack graduated high school and his mom was there standing between all the other parents in scrubs because she had just taken a leave from work just to see him as he threw his graduation cap up in the air .

They kept talking about the good old days.

Axel finally came to the room to see them talking and laughing, he leaned on the door frame watching as Zack smiled and his eyes closed up a bit , he looked cute and he had missed his happy boyfriend.

Zack hadn't been okay since that horrible, ill fated day , Zack had been having nightmares, and a whole lot of sleepless nights, Zack moved in with Axel right after he was released from the hospital, not because they were a very committed serious couple but because Zack couldn't bare living in the same house where both his parents died , so he had been staying at Axel's.

But Axel is okay with it obviously, he's happy that he could help his boyfriend out but it's sad and hard having to see Zack mumbling in his sleep, silently screaming and crying.

Sleeping is supposed to be peaceful but to the poor guy it had been another form of torture as he relives the moments of that day every time he closes his eyes.

" Babe , I was doing some researchs lately and I found some therapists in our area , why don't you go and try , maybe that will help " Axel said with his laptop Infront of him and his glasses on as he layed on the couch in there living room.

" Axel for the last time I'm okay , and besides, therapy is expensive and I'm already a man living in your house rent free and rarely even paying for groceries, I think what you're doing for me is way more than enough" Zack said as he pured himself a glass of orange juice.

" Honey , you're not just  any man you're  My man  and my money is your money, you're acting as if I'm asking you to pay rent or even pay for groceries, the least I could do for you is provided a roof for you and food to eat . Anyway, I don't know why I asked you , you're going to therapy next Sunday I already talked with one of the therapists and they're expecting you next Sunday " Axel responded as he raised his glasses to glare at Zack then let them back down as he worked on his laptop.

What do y'all think ?

Also quick question, who's y'all's favorite character ? , am interested to know 😅

This chapter hadn't been revised well , just a quick note .

So there is this small little plot gap that am not sure if y'all noticed it or not it's when Emily said that she remembers every little detail of that horrible day , so I just realized how kind of incorrect that is considering that she was unconscious half of the time so let me explain, what she meant is that she remembers seeing her father's dead body and her mother stabbing her , you remember when she woke up gasping in the middle of her mother trying to kill her , yeah , that scene, so yeah , I hope that kinda fixed that gap 😅