2. Chew The Fat

What are we thinking so far lovelies??
I'm too fucking excited about this one, oml
Enjoy!!
xoxo

Chew The Fat: To talk/discuss/converse

Alistair

"You don't usually take a slave

"You don't usually take a slave." Cael noted beside me, watching with me as my crew worked down below, from our station aboard the top near the starboard and stern. This was where the steering board was located, but Cael knew that wasn't really what steered this ship.

Caspian was sitting against a wooden post for one of the sails down below, his restraints still keeping those hands bound tight in front of him. He hadn't moved an inch since we left the now burned down merchant boat. I thought back to our conversation on that boat...

Merchant my fucking arse.

The man was too elegant to be one. Not enough callous on his fingers to justify his supposed life at sea. His sturdy build would work for helping around the ship, but then again I was starting to wonder how much he actually knew about the ship. Hell, any ship, let alone mine.

Snips was getting the sleeping quarters besides mine ready for our guest of honor, then we'd have dinner in my chambers. I was planning on learning more about what his merchant business entailed especially around these parts, and just how long he'd been out at sea for.

Maybe he was worth something on land. Dead or alive, it still couldn't hurt looking into.

"Yes well this one's different. This one didn't belong on that ship, and I'd like to know why. He's also clearly got at least one maybe two screws completely loose up there." I pointed to my skull.

Cael nodded. "I can't argue with that. I don't think I've ever heard someone tell you no to wanting to live. Not when faced with your blade, the deadly end anyways."

"Aye," I agreed. "He's very well built, almost my stature. At the very least, let's get some free labour out of this while I learn more." Cael nodded again. I watched as his hands ran through his scruffy thick black beard, the curl texture matching his shoulder length braided hair. Night time made his sun touched skin darker to the common eye, creating an even more alluring demeanor than he already had.

With him at my side, many wouldn't guess that he was our Navigator. It was deceptive on his part, for though he preferred to look to the stars, his mind was very much here at sea. I didn't know my who could fight like Cael, he just preferred not to.

I allowed that hesitancy because he was one damn good Navigator.

"I don't think he's a merchant, but then again, it's challenging to tell. He could've just made it out to sea." Cael's arms relaxed at his side now. "Try to get as much as you can out of him tonight, and I'll start to see if there's any bounty out on him around these parts. Maybe he's a shipwreck survivor or something of the sorts. A cash reward would be nice considering all those other merchants were too worthless to even take. As was most of their cargo."