14. Drinking The Piss

lol okay so I'm just a bit late with that supposed second chapter for the double upload lolol, but here it is
(I also added two new songs to the Spotify Playlist)
Enjoy, m'loves!
xoxo

Alistair

Caspian had to be one of the most useless beings to currently walk this very earth

I didn't care how good his combat skills were, nothing could've prepared me for almost getting my head split open by his sheer fucking stupidity. All before the sun had even bared its despicable face yet.

My senses weren't as strong on land, which meant that I had just narrowly ducked in time before Caspian unknowingly put my body six feet under, and sent my soul straight to the very depths of the sea. The sheer panic on his face had told me it was every bit an accident, but my anger still stood.

Who the hell was this little shit, anyway? A merchant at sea who didn't know anything about the damn sea. One who can't even wield an axe. I found myself communicating before I could get my anger under control, letting Caspian know just how utterly fucking impaired his mind must be to swing an axe back like that. He kept quiet, more than likely choosing the path with least resistance.

And it angered me even more.

Forcing myself not to slit this man's throat when he did something so completely as dumbfounded as this, was making my blood boil. And knowing that was all he wanted, was damn near a tipping point for me.

Maybe that was why I somehow found myself helping to correct his form instead. The axe was a heavy one, yes, but it was still wieldable, and Caspian had the muscle for it. He just lacked any and all coordination.

I glanced down at my rough hands, my fingers rubbing against each other, feeling the roughness of the callous. The sea itself had done right on its promise. It had kept my face young... but my hands showed my age. I felt all forty-something of the years I'd been alive for, with many of those years devoted to the harsh labour that came with the sea. I'd become so numb to the work itself, I didn't have much feeling left in these hands, or at least I thought I didn't...

But when I touched Caspian, I felt that in its entirety. I felt each every single strand of hair that passed through my fingers. The fine, soft, almost moon white strands that flowed down to his waist. He was the only other man I had met in all these years with hair that long, a style that most men didn't choose for a life at sea, which made me all the more surprised when I felt just how soft it was.

I hadn't noticed before, but then again, the only other time I had touched it was when I was dragging him across my ship by the clumps. I wasn't paying much attention then.

But I was now. Paying attention, that is.

"The air is clear here." Cael spoke besides me, pulling me out completely from my thoughts. He and I were standing near the farthest wall of the empty dining hall in this Inn. Gaia mentioned this was now owned by Nalia, which I found to be interesting. The small dark hair brown eyed girl I once sawing running around all those years ago, had aged.