11. Go On Account

Alrighty I'm backkkk, baby
xoxo

Go On Account: A phrase pirates use to say they are turning into a pirate

Alistair

Coop was the first to reach the shores, sprinting forward and jumping from the ship before I could react in time to snatch him back aboard

Coop was the first to reach the shores, sprinting forward and jumping from the ship before I could react in time to snatch him back aboard. His arm was in no shape to wade through the dark waters reflecting the night sky, but the distance between him and land shrunk with every passing moment he swam. He caught a powerful stride with his good arm, managing to keep his head above the water as he neared the shore.

Not even moments later, he had made it to the waters that was shallow enough for him to stand in. The other men were concerned at first with his sudden rash decision, but once they caught sight of what I did, his steady unwavering strides, we all let the man do what his heart desired.

There was light coming to the shores of the beach, a cluster of people walking towards us with brightly lit torches held above and in front of them. That light illuminated the face of a women who led the group, someone I recognized. It had been almost three years since we ported here last, and yet her face looked no different than it had those few years ago. The golden brown eyes an exact match for her son's.

Eyes that brought everyone, including myself, an almost eerie amount of comfort.

She had pushed out an exact replica of her beauty a few times over the many years she'd been alive for, her long sandy brown hair passed on to some of her daughters who had joined her on the beach this night. Coop was the youngest of the family, making the difference in age between him and his mother quite great.

Her gaze found mine as she walked, her feet bare and dragging against the sand beneath them out of choice. Once she finally noticed the drenched figure emerging from the black water, her pace slowed to a stop.

Coop wasted no time pulling himself up, his feet carrying his weight and that of the water as he pushed through the wet sand and hard into his mother's arms. The older woman was so taken back she almost dropped the torch in her hand.

"Cooper." I saw her lips form to his name, which the man reacted by tightening his arms around her frailer short body. He went rigid a moment, most likely remembering the gaping hole he very much still had in his upper arm. It would've been on fire now by the salt of the sea's water.

His mother, Gaia, turned from her son back to my ship. Snips was starting to tie us off, which was what signaled me to jump from this vessel myself. I beckoned Caspian and Cael in after me whilst my men finished up, to which they both reluctantly did.

A little water wouldn't harm them, and by the look Gaia was giving me as I made my way through the bitter cold water towards shore, I had some explaining to do.