12. Eyes Wide Shut

Might be a double upload today, we shall see what the work day brings me;)
I'll also update the playlist later today with a few new songs to catch us up
Enjoy, lovelies!
xoxo

Caspian

It took everything in me to will my body to move

One foot in front of the other, Caspian.

Regardless of the cool breeze that flowed between the dense trees branches. The fresh smell of the land broken through the middle of the sea. The well walked path that brought us deeper onto the island as this mysterious women guided us through it. I kept my eyes to the floor of the forest, not wanting to draw anymore attention to myself than I already inevitably had.

This woman... the one who met us on the shore. The ones who's feet I watched as they kept the pace of Alistair's thick leather boots in front of me. The one who's eyes weren't right when they first found mine.

Rather, nothing about her was right.

Her bare feet moved against the rough terrain with grace, as did her people's who were following closely behind myself, Cael, Alistair, and the rest of his men.

There was tension still drifting off both Alistair and Gaia, however his men and her people were heard amongst themselves behind us, laughing as they each spoke of their own experiences these last few years. The women that joined us, the ones who favoured Gaia's features who I presumed were her daughters, they all stuck particularly close to some of the pirates, walking with their arms linked around the men who had taken a bit more care than usual with their appearance tonight.

I did what Snips had recommended, however. I kept to myself, following silently behind Cael who also seemed to be a bit... different.

Granted I didn't see much of him during the days at sea, with both him and Alistair taking their leave to do only the gods knew what. I could tell though, that something had shifted. Something had changed once our feet hit soil, and somehow it had the complete opposite affect on the other men than it had me.

There wasn't a second since we trudged ashore where I felt any sort of comfort, and when I gazed into the eyes that should've held warmth but really felt like a hallowed out pit, that uncertainty quickly turned to that of horror.

There was no way she could've recognized me. I wasn't even sure how she could, Gatvia was far from Azultia. It was a self ruled island, something that to my understanding they fought through flesh and blood for. To my knowledge, my family and the old ways of Azultia shouldn't have reached these waters.

I needed to remind myself to call that place what it had come to be known as now.

Azul.

It was no longer the beautiful, rich with magic land it once was. It wasn't my home anymore. It was now a barren, soulless, wasteland... and that was attributed to the rise of The Holy Men, and their imposed beliefs. Their lack of understanding hidden behind unjustified brutality that they so humbly concealed behind a word they called Purification.