Chapter 11: Her What?

Dear Lovelies,

So, a new update. Enjoy. 

Please do comment and vote.

Love 

W

"Na na Ganguli Babu...yes yes...thik ache..(Alright)," Aroop was speaking over the phone, nodding his head in concern. The last hour was the most harrowing one for both families. Jeet and Kailash were calling Tima's friends. Shubho and Palash were out on the streets searching for Tima. Dipu was trying to console an unconsolable Beena. Pihu was helping the boys make calls, and Sudeep stood beside Aroop.

"I spoke to the commissioner. We must head to the police station right now to file an FIR." Aroop said, placing his phone on the table. Sudeep rushed inside his room to get the car keys. Dipu kept patting a sobbing Beena's back. "Boudi, it will be helpful if you come along. They might ask questions." Aroop said apologetically. Beena's eyes were swollen red. She tried to stand straight but stumbled upon her own feet. Before she could hit the ground, Sudeep caught her by her elbow.

"Binu, you need not come along. You need to re...." Sudeep was cut short with Beena's vigorous head shake.

"N..No...I n..ne..need m..m..my T..t.." She broke down, hiding her face in her husband's chest. Sudeep just closed his eyes in pain.

"Amar Lokhi ti (Endearment), don't cry like this. We all will get your Tima back, Binu" Dipu tried to console Beena but found herself on the verge of tearing up. Sudeep scooped her little wife in his arms and walked silently towards his car. His children stared at him with their mouths hung open.

"Meenakshi, Piyali, Aditya...."Jeet was naming all the names he had written in his diary over the phone. He was talking to Palash over the phone, informing him about Tima's friends he had called. ".....and Debjani. I have called every one of them. She did not visit any of their places." Jeet's forehead was creased with worry. It has been two hours since the elders left for the police station. Kailash ran his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Let her come back, akdom thang bhege dobo. (I will break her legs.)" Kailash bellowed in frustration and walked out of the room. Jeet and Pihu were left alone. After a very long time, Jeet looked at Pihu. Her face was as pale as a sheet of paper. Her lips were dry as she scraped her nails. Jeet snatched her wrist to prevent her fingers from bleeding.

"What are you doing, Pihu?" Jeet asked irritatingly. He could see tears at the corner of her eyes.

"I am scared." She whispered. Her face contorted as her body shook with the impending sobs. "I don't know what to do. Why would she leave us like this?" She asked particularly to no one. Jeet's eyes softened a bit. He pulled her wrist towards himself. Pihu gently placed her head on his chest as he patted her back. He had no answers to her questions, but he knew how helpless Pihu felt. He let her sob and calm down for a while. Her body relaxed slowly. Jeet could hear soft snores after some time, but he patted her back. His eyes went to the grandfather's clock in the corner of the room. It was two in the morning.

"Jeet..." A screeching voice almost threatened to pull Pihu out of her slumber. Jeet glared at Kailash, standing in front of Tima's room with something in his left hand. Jeet gestured to him to keep it low. He pointed towards the little frame of Pihu tucked in his chest. Kailash nodded and sat beside him. He picked up Jeet's diary and scribbled something on it. Jeet scrunched his brows to peep into his diary but could not move because of Pihu. Once Kailash was done, he held the dairy before Jeet's eyes.

"Did you call someone called Puchan?" Jeet read the scribble in Kailash's crisp handwriting. Jeet shook his head in a no. He then jerked his face upwards to ask Kailash who this "Puchan" was. Kailash again took the diary to scribble something, but both the boys were alerted by the faint sound of a bike. Jeet looked alarmed. Kailash rushed to the door and opened it. A moment later, he saw Palash and Shubh walking towards him. Kailash gestured for both the boys to keep quiet as soon as they opened their mouths to say something.