• | t w o | •

•-2-•

Vance

My mind stopped working, still feeling the same as before passing out but the ache in head decreased a little.

I had to fight with myself for keeping my eyes open, taking long breaths helped a little. My eyeballs moved around. It was night time, I came here around 3. The book was still on the ground as I saw it before fainting.

I got up , but my legs felt weak. My limbs were aching like I had been doing some physical work for days without a break. I stared at the window that was several metres away. The moon and the stars shining together, but offcourse the moon shining bright with it's own beauty.

/It's not the time to admire the moon and the stars! You stupid Moron!/

My inner voice yelled , waking me from my trance. Something felt weird, I feel like I'm not alone here.

But why did they didn't checked if anyone was left before closing the library. Now how do I get Outta here?

/Oh! YOUR PHONE YOU MF-/

I took out my phone hurriedly, there were three missed calls from Joseph. Hope sparked in me.

I hurriedly called back, it was 2 a.m . He must be in club dancing with those girls ,that's why he is not picking up my calls.

/Oh please! Pick up the damn call you scoundrel. He could be of my use atleast even once in my whole life./

I tried several times more but no change.

My head started to feel dizzy again like before but it was worst. My knees went weak , I gripped the poor stool for support on which I was sitting before. I stared at the book , that was lying on the ground. I felt another presence around me. I craned my neck to right but there was no one, left side it was still empty. What happened to my body?

Do I got a fever? But my body didn't felt hot.

Sighing, trying to even my breathings that are not cooperating. I sat on the stool. A black shadow was lurking in the bookshelves before me. I got up, I don't believe in ghosts but this came be a exception.

Taking long strides , I reached there praying to god. But again no one, someone tapped my shoulder, in a swift movement I turned my head as fast I can. But again no one. I started revising all my bad deeds in my mind.

I ran to the front, my eyes widened, my body already feeling weak and mind messed up, headache, limbs aching, eyes feeling drowsy. There was books, all scattered on the floor, it was a large amount around some hundreds. I clearly remember it was all settled up in bookshelves when I came here before. Something is fishy- or ghostly.

I turned back not feeling right, it was the same scene there too. The books I saw seconds ago in bookshelf were now laying on the floor, like someone pulled them out furiously.

/How can someone do it just behind my back and I didn't even heard a slight voice./

I blinked my drowsy eyes , trying to stand still due to weak knees and the headache not helping either. On left and right there were huge bookshelves and in front and back a huge pile of books, it was this high that I was not able to see the other side. The dim lights that was the only source of light started flickering. I gasped at the sudden dark engulfing the room.

/I swear to holy mother of the God! My panic attack is just few minutes away!/

Suddenly the lights went off completely, I fell on my knees not being able to hold anymore. My already uneven breath hitched when the lights went on again Fully. My eyes squinted due to the sudden expose .
Again, something supernatural occurred, the books flew in the air and got on the bookshelf on their own.

I rubbed my eyes,

/This better be a nightmare/

I felt a weight on my chest , like someone was sitting on it , squeezing it. Cold air hitted me, blowing my hair. I stared at the source , the opened window, the same window that I tried to open few minutes ago but it was locked.

/It means someone broke in. But they can't just fly the books, right?/

I tried to think of every normal way that can cause these things.

The pain in my chest became more intense. I clutched the side of my chest , eyes squeezing shut due to the pain.

All of a sudden, my pain disappeared and the headache, pain in limbs was gone like magic!

/These are my last moments, on this beautiful mother earth/

I flinched so hard at the sudden voice,"Oh! Vance How have you been?" The 'Vance' came out seductively

A shrill feminine voice asked , her voice echoed through the whole library.

I gulped the lump in my throat and tried to stand up straight. My first instinct was to look back and there it was, A young lady flying in air , she was wearing a dark purple cloak , her hairs were curly, her lips were covered in black paint- I mean lipstick. She held a brown wood stick.

"W-who are you-u?"

She laughed , throwing her head back.
Suddenly she stopped and stared at me with intense gaze. A smiled creeped on her black lips.

"I never introduced myself! My bad." She said with a sarcastic tone.
"But Trust me you don't wanna know!" Those were her last words before her stick flew in the air by itself and black glitter surrounded me. I fainted for the umpteenth time. Fell on the ground before I was out of light , I saw some ash where she was standing.

Written on- 21 Feb, 2024

Published on- 21 March, 2024