• | f i f t e e n | •

•-15-•

I felt someone shaking me vigorously, after struggling a little, I finally opened my eyes only to close them back due to the light. I finally opened them again and met with green eyes staring at me. It's Fredrick, he looks concerned.

I was going to sit up but he stopped me saying I need rest. He left the room in hurry and came back with a doctor.
The doctor said that I'm ok but my body is weak, I need some rest and after prescribing some multivitamins, he left. Fredrick went with him to drop him by gate. I felt something cold near my collarbone. When I peeked in my shirt, it was a locket. So........ That was not a dream?

The locket looks like universe, it had like 3 planets in it with some stars.

It's beautiful but I can't trust it, it's given by witch. I was about to remove it but I noticed some movements in it.
The planets started to revolve and collided the collision resulted a spark which created a little glow. Then it looked like a galaxy.

This scared me, so the witch is controlling it

This scared me, so the witch is controlling it. I decided to remove but when I held it, It shrinks and gripped my neck, making me unable to breathe.

Suddenly Witch's words ranged in my ears, "Don't try to oversmart me, little Vance. I'm capable of throwing you to the past, future or unalive you. Understood?"

I unconsciously nodded to the words and the next second, the locket came back to it's original shape. I took deep breaths to regulate my breathing. Fredrick came in my room. "Now tell me how are you feeling?"

"I'm ok." I said, some number of questions were revolving around my mind like what happened to me?

But I can't ask him straight. He asked something , answering some of my questions "Now tell me what were you doing on the terrace in this cold weather and specially How did you got unconscious?"

So, the witch throwed me at terrace?

"I think I sleepwalk." I said making excuse because I can't tell him that a ugly, bloody female creature whom people call witch-

I was not able to continue my thoughts, I felt the locket warming against my skin and in some seconds it turned into burning hot. I laughed awkwardly, to cover how much uncomfortable I'm. Fredrick looked at me weirdly, "Really?"

I nodded, "uh.. Now can you please leave I need rest." His face turned into a concerning one once again, "Should I call the doctor again if you are not ok?"

I shook my head,"No please, I just need some rest." He nodded, "I'll send some soup finish it. I have some work otherwise I would've fed you." He whispered the last line to himself but I heard it. He left. What did he meant by that?

I tried to remove the locket again, but this time it got glued to my chest. Did I mentioned it's still burning hot.

/Oh! I'm sorry Scarlett, forgive me lady/

The apology worked, finally I was free from that burning hot sensation and it left a mark that will maybe fade in some weeks.

Written on- 27 March, 2024

Published on- 7 may, 2024

Fact- Multivitamins were actually invented in 1934.