• | f o u r t e e n | •

•-14-•

I woke up in a forest, the forest was surrounded by fog, the trees were dry and it was night. How did I ended up here? I completely remember sleeping in that bunker bed.

My head felt dizzy and my limbs ached just like that day in library.

Suddenly fire started to surround me in a circle, I could feel the heat radiating from it.
I screamed for help, not able to move properly since my mind was not working straight. The circle kept shrinking, coming towards me, when it was just beside me, I instantly stood up not caring about limb's pain.

And it disappeared in a thin air. Ashes appeared infront of me and the witch came out from ashes. She was hanging in air, I mean like flying.

Before I could say something, she started laughing throwing her head backwards. Psycho.

"Look at you. Coward, how you were so scared." She said pointing her finger at me.

"Humans are weird creatures, they are so ruthless yet they can be a scaredy cat too and the dualities are insane." She started spitting facts.

"Well I didn't asked before but how are you buck?"

"I was good before I met you." I said.

She chuckled, "Don't try to oversmart me, little Vance. I'm capable of throwing you to the past, future or unalive you. Understood?" She came near my face, she held my chin with her index and thumb. Her two Inch nails dug in my skin, her skin was so hot. It can burn anything.

She left my chin harshly, making me stumble backwards, my back hitted a tree, which was so cold.

What's happening?

"Where am I?"

She shrugged, "In my property". I gazed around, there was only fog and dry trees in my sight. She circled around me in Air.

"Do you want to know your task?" She asked, my ears perked up listening to this. I instantly turned back but she was in front, when I turned she again disappeared and teleported herself behind me.

When I looked there , she was not there, not even at back. I saw a black shadow in the fog , I ran there with as much speed I can with my burnt foot.

When I finally reached, it was not the witch but it was actually me....

That person looked exactly same as me, he saw me and stepped backwards with a smirk. I tried to say something, but my mouth didn't opened. I felt something hanging in my neck, like it is dropped from up and it fell on my neck.

Written on- 25, 26 March, 2024

Published on- 30 April, 2024