Chapter 3.

Monday 3rd January
11:30 pm

Dave

I dialled Chardonnay for the 6th time as I pull up to Mama C's shop.

I booked this appointment with her over a week ago to get my hair re-braided before I got a line up tomorrow.

She does this shit all the fucking time and assures me it won't happen again. I know I shouldn't trust her but she's been doing my hair for 6 years.

I don't deal well with change.

As I park up I see the shop light is still on. I'm about to give her a piece of my mind because clearly she's out of hers.

I get out of my car and make my way into the store, swinging the door wide open.

"Ayo Chardonnay what the fuck are you playing at ?!"

I was so pissed off I didn't even realise she wasn't Chard until the words had already left my mouth.

She stopped what she was doing, looked from side to side and responded with attitude "Do you see Chardonnay standing here ?"

"Look, I don't have time for this. Do you know where she's at ?"

"Clearly you do because you showed up at 11:30 pm on a Monday,  and do I look like her assistant to you ?"

"Yo you need to check your attitude, I'm not the one."

She rolled her neck and responded" And Who told you I was the two?" she continues sweeping like I wasn't even in the room.

Yo who is this girl?

Yes I came off rude and I'm grown enough to admit I was wrong for that, but I wasn't expecting my energy back.

Certainly not immediately. I'm used to invoking fear into people.

I took a deep sigh to control my temper because honestly my problem was never with her. She was just the unfortunate recipient of my wrath.

"My bad Ite. I've had a long day and I've been on my bully because of it. I had an appointment booked with her and she went ghost on me."

"Sounds like Chardonnay." She says with a shady tone.

She takes a glance at the clock just as I'm about to make my out.

It was about 11:45 pm.

" Wait, what did you want to have done?" She asked.

"5 stitch cornrows going to the back."

"I could do them if you want. I know I'm not Chardonnay but I can do some stitch cornrows. I feel bad that you came all this way for nothing. Plus I care about Mama C's rep, I don't want you to leave with a bad taste in your mouth."

She could see me thinking it over because I didn't know her like that. Nor did anyone else touch my hair apart from Chard. But I needed it done.

"Look how bout this. If you hate them I'll pay YOU for your time wasted?"

"Ite bet."

If I was going to be making money out of this I didn't mind.

-

I took off my hoodie, leaving my white tee on and sat down in the chair. She wrapped the towel around me and started undoing the cornrows I already had in.

As she started to take care with my hair I started to feel bad about the early display of my actions and wanted to make sure she knew that.

"My bad about before really. I'm not one to go off like that unnecessarily. I'm a grown man and I should've handled my temper better."