Chapter 4.

Alexa play ass like that by Victoria Monet

Tuesday 4th January
10 am

Cassidy

By the time I got home last night I was absolutely exhausted

By the time I got home last night I was absolutely exhausted. I was out like a light as soon as my head hit my pillow.

I did my morning routine and got dressed in my gym clothes. My only gym goals this year was just going. That it. I just wanted to be consistent in going.

I packed my gym bag and made my way into the kitchen to make a smoothie.

Mama enters into the room and gives me a bear hug.

"Morning Mama, do you want some of my smoothie?"

"I'm okay baby. You don't have class today ?"

"No ma'am. This week was just orientation. Full schedules start next week."

"Oh okay. At least you have a little rest before you start. How was closing last night?" She asks she takes a seat at the kitchen table pouring out some cereal.

"Ermmm it was good."

"Ermm ? Why the ermm? What happened Cassidy?"

"Nothing happened per se mama..."

"Cassidy act like you know. What the hell happened?"

I turn around leaning on the counter. I sigh before beginning my sentence.

"Martise popped up again but I handled it." My suggested tone gave Mama C all the answers she was after.

Although Mama C had dedicated her life Christ and was heavily involved in the church she wasn't always like this. And I knew she still had some gangster in her.

Her attachment to the church was birthed through heartbreak. She lost the love her life to the hands of game. He was best friends with my father and lost his life in the shoot out too.

She was very familiar with everything that came with that life and was willing to endure it if it meant staying with the man that she loved. But in the end she lost both the man that she loved and a man that was like a brother to her, my father.

But since his death she's different when it comes to things like this. She had love for the game but she wasn't in love with all of it. She had love for the people that were involved in it and understood why they did what they did.