Chapter 5.

Friday 7th January
11 am

Alexa play just fine by Mary J Blige 

Cassidy

"Morning everybody, I got ya'll coffee and drink orders!"

I walked into the shop and was instantly met with greetings and hugs. We had a full house in the shop today so morale was at an all time high.

Rochelle, Sweetness, Chardonnay, Brandy and Mama was in her office.

Rochelle, aka Roro, was Chardonnay's apprentice/assistant. She's been here for about 6 months. She was basically learning how to do sew-ins and wigs with Chardonnay's signature touch.

Sweetness was the baddest nail tech in the tristate area.

She started showing her skills on instagram and growing her following. Then eventually went viral for doing some celebrity sets and that's when she really started to blow. Mama gave her a seat in her shop and the rest is history.

"Thank you for covering for me again girl. I owe you one." Chardonnay said as she grabbed her drink from the cupholder.

I waved her off saying it was nothing knowing I only did it because Mama asked. Chardonnay knew not to ask me directly. I loved her and I respected her craft but she expected people to worship her and I was not apart of that church.

I only worshipped the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Can I get an amen church?

"That reminds me girl, did you end up doing East's hair? OU that man is too fine!" Sweetness asked as she grabbed a fresh towel from the folded pile I was standing next to.

I had to catch myself because I thought she was talking to me. But who's East? Chardonnay snapped me out of my thoughts with her answer.

"No girl I couldn't! I'm mad about it too! That man is too fine!" she said as she was wrapping a towel around her customer. "He was blowing me up too. He called me like six times, but I didn't see his calls. My phone was on silent ya'll, I had a long appointment." She says whilst licking her lips.

"Girl you nasty. We have kids present." Brandy said whilst she was sweeping the floor. The younger women customers engaged in high fives whilst the older ones shook their head in judgment.

"Well, I actually choose to enjoy my sex life. Oh I'm sorry Brand that's when someone actually has sex on a regular basis."

"It's cool girl. We can't all be queen treesh like you. Oh I'm sorry Chard, that's when someone actually has sexual diseases, you know, on a regular basis." Brandy rebuttals in a sweet tone and tight lipped smile. All the ladies start getting hype. And the shop is filled with 'ouuuu's' and 'She sure told her ass'.