** Memory 2 **

"Well aren't you a catch!" The man said, smiling as he walked closer to Amaru and held his hand out to him.

"I'm Carter Grandville, and that's my wife Didi. It's a pleasure to meet you." The man said.

Amaru hesitantly reached out his hand. "...My name is Amaru..." Amaru spoke softly.

"No last name?" Carter asked.

"...Amaru is my last name...I just don't go by my first name..." Amaru responded.

"How about your middle name?" Carter kept pushing for another name to call Amaru.

"...I guess it'd be Jaxis Amaru..." Amaru said with his gaze idly on the ground.

"Perfect! Nice to meet you Jax!" Carter said while turning to the woman at the front desk. "We'll adopt all three of them!" He said happily. Didi clapped her hands, already holding Emily. The woman nodded as they filled out paperwork.

They loaded the three of them into a car. Emily sitting by Ikarus with Amaru in the front seat beside Carter. Didi was in the back seat to the left, Emily in the middle.

"So, Jax. Is your hair natural?" Carter asked. "Yes..." Amaru responded, he felt slightly uncomfortable but there was nothing else he could say right now. "So, you have albinism then?" Carter asked, taking his eyes off of the road for a minute to look at Amaru.

"...No...I'm just weird..." Amaru said. "Oh, I see. So you're just unique then." Carter nodded, looking into his rearview mirror at Emily and Ikarus in the backseat.

That ride had felt very long to them, when they arrived at the house, they saw a huge mansion. It felt like nothing they were expecting. Ikarus and Emily stood with their mouths wide in shock at the building, while Amaru was more internally shocked, his face remaining pretty dead.

After Ikarus had processed what happened, he moved over to Amaru to help support him. "So, your middle name is Jaxis?" Ikarus asked while they made their way inside of the building.

Amaru nodded. "Mr. Grandville insists on calling me 'Jax' instead... I already don't like him..." Amaru said, his brows furrowed in annoyance.

"He gives everyone nicknames from what I've seen. He's calling me 'Ike' and Emily 'Em'." Ikarus said, sighing as Carter showed them to their rooms. Emily had a cute little girls room all to herself, while Ikarus and Amaru had a large room that they had to share. There was a divider between the rooms, though it more so reminded both of them of a cardboard curtain. Or a curtain made of cardboard.