* Memory 4 *

"I know Amaru is smart...But how come he knows all of these things about demons...?" Ikarus thought to himself while he was sprawled out on his bed. He was taking up the entire space of his bed, staring up at the boring white ceiling.

His brows furrowed and he huffed in annoyance.

It had been quite a few days since his talk with Amaru about demons, and Amaru's knowledge on them and the rumors that were spread bothered him; it acted as a plague in the back of his mind all of the time. He couldn't shake the questions out of his head no matter how hard he desperately tried to.

The stiff cardboard-like curtain that separated their shared room was closed, each boy doing their own thing and keeping to themselves.

Ikarus sighed, rubbing his eyes tiredly with his hands and sitting up.

He scooted off of his bed, moving over to the curtain and pulling it to the side, removing the divider. He huffed as he stepped into Amaru's side, his mouth agape as if he were about to complain.

Ikarus suddenly paused, a feeling of surprise filling his mind as he noticed Amaru was asleep.

He didn't quite know what he was supposed to do...Seeing Amaru asleep like that was rare; it made Amaru look especially vulnerable...

"Amaru...?" Ikarus quietly mumbled while he stepped closer to Amaru.

Amaru stirred, making a small noise that resembled the surprised purr a cat makes when you touch the creature when it doesn't expect it.

Ikarus stepped closer, standing to the side of Amaru's bed.

"What are you doing asleep at this time?" Ikarus chuckled.

Amaru sighed, opening his eyes and looking at Ikarus with his soft violet eyes. "I was tired, so I decided to take a nap..."

Amaru paused, feeling a warm hand rest against his cheek. He let out a small gasp, fixing his attention on Ikarus and how his palm had reached Amaru's cheek.

Ikarus' palm was surprisingly rough, almost like sandpaper against his smooth skin. Amaru's skin was almost like touching cold marble. He was always cold to the touch, but soft despite that.

"Huh–"

"Nae sarang." Ikarus continued, "Are you okay?" He was looking with concern at Amaru.

"You don't normally sleep this early...Hell! You don't normally sleep at all..." Ikarus' brows were furrowed as he looked at Amaru.

Amaru was frozen for a bit. He had no words to say and had mainly been caught off guard by the touch Ikarus initiated against his cheek.