Five

Sam Smith ft Normani- Dancing With A Stranger

Steele:

Spending the day with her is a lot to take in. Coming back to my pack and going back to the same routine feels a little weird. Like this is the first day I'm doing this. I got everything down faster than I had ever before. It's barely noon and I'm itching to call her so we could go to that damn hospital.

"What are you doing, Steele?" I looked up to see my beta Edwin come in with Stephan and Luis.

"Thinking about the trespasser triggers in the southern region," I said sitting back. 

"What's up?" Edwin asked. "Did you find anything?"

"We haven't found anyone because they didn't mean to trespass on our lands. They're trying to get to Alpha Martak's rogue villas,"

"So, rogues really are allowed to stay there?" Stephen asked.

"Yeah, she has a saving the world complex, just like her parents. The shit is, the other alphas don't like it and they're killing rogues and doing some fucked up shit to those who stay in the villas," I said opening the file Martak had let me borrow. She has a detailed report with pictures of the incident with the body in her morgue.

"Fuck," Edwin said showing the others.

"What does this have to do with us?" Luis asked taking a seat.

"It doesn't just involve us. This puts the entire alliance at risk. Someone inside of the alliance is fucking with shit they don't understand. There are those who hate her and there are those who stand behind her. This woman has more power than she knows and it can start a nationwide war,"

"Which is why you're helping her?" Edwin asked with a smirk.

"I want to be on the winning side. Why else?"

"I heard she's a babe," Stephan commented.

"I heard she's a badass with a leather whip," Luis added and they all laughed.

"She is pretty and she's smart as hell," I acknowledged. 

"So what's the verdict? Luna material?" I sighed.

"She's alpha. Not a Luna, first off. We wouldn't be able to cope. Her need to control makes me look like a walk in the park. We'd fight too much and you guys need to stop trying to hook me up with random chicks. If something happens it'll happen on its own not because you punks set it up," they looked at one another and nodded.

"So," Luis said sitting up. "When are you going to call her?"

"What did I just say?"

"That you like her and that she's really pretty," Edwin said.

"And smart," Stephan smiled.

"And a control freak," we all looked up to see Martak standing in the doorway.

"Martak," I said standing up. My chair fell back. "What.. What are you doing here?"

"She is not pretty. You so undersold it, bro. She is beautiful," Luis smirked looking her over. I shook my head wanting to strangle him.

"Thank you," she grinned as they began to walk out.

"We'll give you two some privacy, alphas," Edwin chastised pushing Stephan out.

"I have three of those at home too," she said as I picked up my seat.

"How long were you standing there?" I asked feeling my face heat up. Damn, I'm a mess.

"Long enough," her laugh made me smile. "I wanted to see your pack. Since you gave me open range, I thought I deserved a break from fighting with Nate and Cam. So, here I am,"

"Want a tour?" she smiled brightly.

"Thought you'd never ask," she put her finger to her lips and pulled the door open. My three idiots fell in and looked up at us. "I am very glad I am not the only one that gets bitched at,"

"Yeah, I thought it was a girl thing, but I'm starting to believe its just a bitch thing," I admitted crossing my arms over my chest.

"Bitches man," she smirked jumping over them.

"Get your shit together," I whispered to them as I followed her.

She wasn't wearing something provocative like she was yesterday. All she's wearing is a pair of denim shorts, a tank top, with a bright red sports bra underneath. Her hair is completely pulled back exposing a set of six earrings all around both her ears. I noticed that she never wears any makeup. Not that she needs it. Women would kill for that complexion.

"So, I called that hospital. Turns out that surveillance tapes were all stolen from that entire week. The files of the two boys were stolen and the digital copies were erased. That isn't the sketchy part either. The six nurses that were working with the doctor that took care of the kids that are missing. Guess what?"

"What?" I asked she smiled and pulled a pink file from her satchel. 

"They were able to get me pictures and files. Guess who is among these nurses,"

"Rogues?"

"No, Monique Alvarado,"

"Who is that?"

"Reese's little sister also known as Monique Mathews," 

"What?" 

"Yeah, to think I was crushing on the guy,"

"You had a crush on him?" I almost growled but I hid it as fast as I could with a smirk.

"Yeah, I did. Not once did I ever think that he might be the one behind this. I want to keep this between us. Tonight when you guys are at the meeting for Dylan. My girls and I are going to break into his mortuary and prison. Which are conveniently right next to each other,"

"Okay Martak, I am all for busting the son of a bitch but putting yourself at risk like that is going overboard. I can't allow you to do that,"

"We can go with her," We turned to see Edwin and Stephan jump out from behind some trees, She smiled.

"I like them. Please, dad let us go. We promise to be good," she said entwining her hands together. They came around her and copied her expression. 

"What?" I laughed. "Alright, but if it gets to mission impossible you shit heads get them out of there alright,"

"Yes," they all said at the same time. 

"Alpha Martak do you want some mini burgers?" Stephan asked.

"Yeah," she said following him. "You coming, Mr. Wayne?"

"Mr. Wayne?" Edwin laughed. 

They sat there eating and joking around like they had been best friends for years. That's the thing about Martak is that she is really easy going. Her personality made you crush on her and the way she did everything else kept you mesmerized. 

I had heard her story. Dylan killed her family and a little over half her pack. She knew that when he faced off with the guy she wouldn't be able to deliver that final blow but there was a cynical beauty in what she had done for him. 

He fucked up and she kind of rewarded him for it. The poor bastard probably has trouble sleeping withering in his guilt and that alone is what lets her sleep like a baby. This girl is not just beautiful but under all of this compassion and caring there is a fucking evil that makes her excruciatingly sexy.