Nine

Gorillaz- Feel Good Inc. 

Marty:

"Alpha, umm alphas. Myles is awake and very scared," Sally announced walking into my study. I paused the video, one of the many that had been in the files that had been removed from Kyle's chest.

Steele was sitting there scratching his head with what had been on the last two videos. I picked up a few things but it wasn't something serious enough to be hidden in someone's chest. There had to be more and for that, we have to see if Myles has anything hidden away in his chest. 

"Hey," I greeted him as soon as I walked in. He recognized me right away.

"Alpha Martak?" he asked and that caught my curiosity.

"You know me?" he nodded. "How?"

"Well, aside from your inspiring story. Reese talked a lot about you. He has some kind of obsession with you and your family. He's convinced that you aren't the daughter of the Novak clan," I looked at Sally who looked at me confused.

"That makes no sense. The heir to the throne died seconds after he was born. It's one of the first things we learn in medical school," Sally said.

"I died from a heart condition when I was born and came back," Myles said.

"What?" I asked.

"The night I was born my heart gave out for three hours and then I came back. It has to do with the premature wolf waves that protect us," he said sitting up. "Reese wanted to know if it happened when we're born if it'll happen when we are older. He said if I died and came back again. That I'm the son of the royal family but if I died it meant you were,"

"That's insane. Marty's never had any kind of heart condition or any other condition," Sally said looking at me.

"Your mom is the youngest sister of King Martious. It's where you all get your names from," Myles insisted,

"Fuck, this is fucking nuts. What do you know about the USB in Kyle's chest?" I asked shaking it off.

"Somewhere in those files is the video of the night you and that boy were born,"

"How old are you?"'

"Twenty four," he sighed. "I'm adopted,"

"How do you know that?"

"Because my parents are Korean," he said.

"You could be Korean," I said and sat down at his feet. He glared at me playfully. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, like I'm not dying anymore," we both laughed. "Thank you," 

"You don't have to thank me. Myles. Your parents will be here soon. They've been looking for you. They never gave up hope," his eyes lit up. 

"I thought I was going to die down there. I was scared," I took his hand holding it in mine. 

"You're alive. You're here right now. Your parents would have never given up on you," tears streamed down his cheeks. He looks a lot better than he did last night. I'm really happy that I get to keep my promise to his parents.