Eleven

Disclosure ft. Sam Smith- Latch

Marty:

"Seriously, Martak put the fucking shoes on," Amy shouted. 

"I will beat the shit out of you if you talk to me like that again," I growled lowly.

"Okay, baby, if she doesn't want to wear those scary ass shoes she doesn't have too," Nathan warned grabbing the shoes and throwing them in the closet.

"I wasn't going to hurt her right now. I don't see why I can't just wear some flats. If Steele likes me he'll like without those monster shoes,"

"That isn't the point of the shoes, Martak. The point is to show him that you care enough to do something more than what you already are," she growled crossing her arms.

We argued for another five minutes and now I'm standing at the top of the stairs in this fitted red dress and black monster heels that will probably put me on my ass or on my face sometime tonight. I slowly walked down the stairs where Steele is waiting for me. My heart started to beat fast. I feel ridiculous in this dress and with the makeup. I should have gone with something simpler.

"I... umm... Hi," he struggled as I stopped in front of him.

"Just so you know this was not my idea. Unless you like it then yes it was,"

"You bitch you fought me for hours," Amy shouted from somewhere upstairs which was followed by a bunch of shhhhs and struggling. 

"Thank you, Amy. I love it," Steele said. I felt my face flare trying to fight the massive smile that took over my face.

"I told you," she shouted it was muffled towards the end and followed by a shut the hell up, Amy.

"So, they're pretty excited,"

"You washed your truck and you are wearing cologne," I noticed glancing over at him.

"The guys were excited as well," we both laughed. 

"I knew this was going to happen so I got these," I picked up the backpacks from the back of my truck as we walked by. 

"What's this?"

"For after dinner," a wide smile spread across his face. 

We pulled up to the restaurant. I had been here countless times enough to know that they didn't have a fucking valet. I reached for my backpack in the back seat and began to slip the emergency gun and knife belt. I strapped it to my thigh hidden by the bottom of my dress and thanked goodness that I didn't go for the short piece of cloth that Amy had wanted me to wear.

"You okay?" Steele asked.

"You have something, just in case, on you right?" he smirked and lifted his shirt not only high enough to show me the gun by his stomach.

"Really?" I asked looking up at him.

"Luis got to me," I laughed as we pulled up to the valet.

"So much for my ankle boots," I said as we got out. 

"What is it?" he asked.

"They don't have a valet here. They wouldn't get one unless they were booked but since that olive garden and Perkos opened up closer to town booking this place is no longer a thing," he nodded.

"Best behavior then?" I nodded as he got out and came around the car to open the door for me. The novels are right this does make one feel special.

I took his hand and got out making sure that my weapons weren't noticeable. The shoes were no longer a problem since I'm on edge. They actually helped my careful stepping. It's weirdly comfortable that I didn't have to bend my feet or shoes at all. I might get some that won't make me feel like some kind of overpaid stripper.