Eight

The Neighbourhood- Nervous

Marty:

As the meeting went on, I can't stop thinking about the other night. It was the last time I had seen Steele. We talked on the phone and the occasional text was sent but I hadn't worked up the courage to go and see him. The thought makes me nervous. He had told me that his car blew a tire a few minutes ago that he'll be a little late.

"I also have something to bring up today," Reese spoke up. I looked up at him. He smiled at me I smiled back wanting to laugh at him. He must have misinterpreted the smile because he looked down at his hands bashfully.

"What is it?" I asked when he didn't say anything. Everyone turned giving me an awkward glance at my enthusiasm a chuckle came from behind me and I knew exactly who that was. 

"Sorry, I'm late I had car trouble on my way here," Steele walked in taking everyone's attention.

"Sit down new guy," I said and faced Reese again. "What is this something, Reese?"

"The night of the all-male meeting. My pack was broken into," he said not taking his eyes off of me.

"Fuck, are you serious? Was anyone hurt?" I asked faking being surprised badly he gave me a weird glance before he continued. 

"No, just minor injuries," he said. "However six men came into my prison building and took two of my prisoners. One of them being the Rogue who almost killed my little sister,"

"And the other?" I asked.

"He was just a trespasser," 

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said looking up at him seriously. "Was anything else stolen?"

"No," he answered. "That night I was talking to alpha Wayne,"

"What do I have to do with this?" Steele asked looking at him.

"Well, you seem to have been insinuating that you were going to be with alpha Martak that night,"

"He was. I invited him to dinner. He also stayed in one of my guest bedrooms. We stayed up late going over some surveillance footage from the murders happening between our territories," I said looking at Reese. "Are suggesting that it might have been, Alpha Steele?"

"It crossed my mind, yes," he admitted.

"I don't need anything from you. There are no rogue ties in my family just ask alpha Wyatt,"

"We all know who is tied to most rogues," Reese said looking at Dylan.

"If it were me you would know, Reese. I know you remember the last time I was there," Dylan shot back. I had to stop myself from laughing. I picked up the glass of water and took a sip.

"So someone breaks into my pack and no one knows a fucking thing?" he growled.

"There have been murders in my pack Reese and you're complaining about a break in. For all we know, other rogues could have taken their friends back. You should have better security. Break-ins often lead to attacks. As an alpha of the alliance, you should always be vigilant,"

"Was that how you lost half your pack?" he asked rudely. I felt my wolf stir and bit back a snarl.

"Exactly. If anyone would try it now they'll find that the only way in is through a fucking body bag," I growled. "Bring something like that up again Reese and I will rip your dick out and shove it up your ass quicker than you can say fuck me, mother fucker. Get your shit and get the fuck out of here you whiny little pussy,"

"Fuck you, Martak. Keep whoring around with Wayne. Both of you have one thing in common,"

"What's that?" Wayne growled.

"You took your power by stepping over your older brothers," the hit didn't come from either of us it came from someone else. Alpha Wyatt Steele laid Reese out with one hit. When Reese tried to get back up Wyatt lifted him.

"If you ever talk to her or my brother like that again you, son of a bitch this will feel like a fucking caress," he growled. Reese stumbled away.

"I thought I was a dick," Dylan laughed from across the room.

"You are," almost everyone in this room said making him laugh harder.