Seven

Arctic Monkeys- Arabella

Steele:

Dylan stood up for himself and not only did he set everyone straight about his relationship with Martak but his position as an alpha. I see exactly what it is Martak sees in the guy. He is no less than the rest of us. The fire inside of him is more than enough to let me know he was the alpha she had sworn he would be. 

When Wyatt had taken my mate and banished me from the pack I had known then, that I couldn't live like just another pack wolf. I need to guide those who had followed me out and when I was established a lot of the wolves that had been too afraid to leave Wyatt, they had come to me and I understood.  I accepted them because just as Martak had said, these people are my family and they make me happy. I may not like the fucking ass hole for what he did to Martak, but I do respect him. 

I had my eyes on Reese throughout the entire meeting. Martak is in his pack taking from him while he sits here oblivious. Anger boiled in me and my wolf. He's the one putting those messages on her walls. What's his plan? Why is he pretending to be her friend? 

"What's up, Wayne?" I looked over at Wyatt and Reese making their way to me as I stood to take my leave now that this is all over.

"Alphas," I greeted them both respectfully. 

"Hey, Wayne. How's it going with Marty?" Dylan asked coming over. He's looking for something in his pocket.

"Good," I answered looking at Reese. "She is way too smart for her own good,"

"Yeah, I doubt there is anything that girl can't do," Dylan agreed.

"She holds you in a high place, man. I hope you never let her down,"

"That's why we're here. I heard you two are getting close,"

"Really?" Reese asked he doesn't like that.

"Yeah, we're actually meeting up tonight. She invited me to dinner," Reese's eyes darkened.

"That's great," Dylan said there is a tone there. I understand it completely. I had to stand back and watch someone take what was mine myself.

"Wayne, how's your pack coming along?" Wyatt asked. He had been watching me from the moment I took my seat when the meeting started.

"We're growing. We're doing really good. How is Adreana doing? She's pregnant right?" he smirked at me almost mockingly.

"Yeah, it's a boy,"

"Congrats, I'm sure he's going to be an amazing kid," my phone went off. "Excuse me Martak is waiting for me,"

"Hey, Wayne?" I turned to face my brother again.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad you're doing okay,"

"You should come by sometime. I'd love to show you around my territory. I have an amazing neighbor,"

"Don't get too comfortable, Wayne. Martak is easy going and what not but she's a bit of a shut-in. She doesn't let people in thanks to Mr. Grateful over here," Reese snarked glancing at Dylan.

"You know at first I thought the same thing, but then I got to know her and I think that maybe you have to be the right person for her to seek you out. She was actually the one that came to me remember. This morning she showed up at my door. My pack loves her," his face went from smug to upset. "She likes strawberry ice cream,"

"Anything with strawberries in it really?" Dylan smirked. 

"Yeah, she loves my strawberry field. She'd never seen one before," he fought the anger in him. His wolf is glowing in his eyes.