Chapter 40

"Devil" Raine gasps as the hand around her moves away and she turns around to jump into her mate's arms.

"I missed you," she pouts kissing him all over his face.

"Well you promised to join me in the shower and when you did not show up I came looking for you" he grins as he puts her back on her seat.

"Sorry busy" she nods towards the computer.

"It's okay I took the shower alone. Do you need any help?" he asks as he himself takes a seat next to her.

"If you are Tony Stark then yes else you are of no use to me" she grins before focusing on her work.

"Iron man?" he asks with a frown.

"Yes, I need Jarvis terribly at times like this" she pouts even if he eyes are focused on the screen.

"Okay I can be your Jarvis what do you want" he asks as he rolls the seat closer to the screen as well.

"I was just kidding" she smiles at how sweet he was.

"New recruits?" Devilin asks seeing the pictures in the screen.

"Yes, I was putting the information in the data, need to do so. Therefore, it will be easier to point out who is capable of doing what so it makes work easier for the trainers to go from there...

You just had a match with them any special things I need to know," she asks as she looks over at him once before looking back at the screen.

"Yeah, stay away from them" he growls in her ear as he nips it lightly making her giggle.

Accidentally her fingers slip and hits the enter button and the computer starts to work on its own making her groan.

"Oops sorry, can you work on it?" Devilin grins unapologetically.

"I have magical fingers babe" Raine smiles before she goes to undo it all but her fingers stop mid-air just as Devilin holds her hand.

"I will take the sorry back" Devilin states as he gets up from his seat.

"Uh...yeah" Raine stutters as both their eyes stares at the screen in shock.

"We have rogues in the house" Devilin speaks the words that were in both of their minds as the faces of the new recruits matches the faces of the rogues Raine was scanning.

"Alert..." Raine suggest but Devilin stops her once again.

"No, not now...let them stay"

"But..."

"I know what I am doing; let them think their identity is not revealed...inform only the warriors that have gotten Beta status, only the Beta warriors....

No one else, not even the council or Novas, ask them to guard the faculty with their life and let the rogues roam, keep eye on them, where they are going and coming through"

"But what if..."

"Stalker, trust me baby I know what I am doing, they are in our territory that's a direct attack and I am not putting my trust in anyone right now except you...

Beta's are the one who have not been out in the field yet and their identities are hidden, so just use them, the chances of them being replaced by anyone is less" he requests as he holds her cheeks in his palm.

"Okay, what are you going to do till then?"

"I am bringing in my own force, don't leave the room. I will come back okay?" he asks as he kisses her forehead.