Chapter 1 : The Halls

Daria's POV

"RINGGGGGGG..."

"What a drag."

With the front of my hand I pushed the alarm and it flew across the room.

"Daria!!" My mom called from downstairs.

I ignored her and covered my head with my pillow. After some peaceful minutes of silence the covers were pulled away and the cool breeze hit my skin. I looked up annoyingly at an angry mom staring down at me.

"What?"

"Don't 'what' me! You, little lady, are going to be late to your new school! Now get your ass up!" She yelled with a pointing finger.

Oh fuck, I'm still in school. Right, totally forgot.

"Jesus, woman. Stop hurting my ears, I'm getting up. Relax."

I stood up and stretched then quickly went for a fast shower.
When I was done I walked to my closet and looked through my messy clothes.

I picked a decent outfit and braided my hair. I went downstairs and took a breath of relief, my so called father wasn't home.

My parents were murdered in front of me when I was at the age of 10. So I was put up for adoption and here I am now living with my foster parents.

My foster mother is all good and sweet and as usual trying to defend me from her abusive husband. Well he doesn't abuse her. Just me.

And I have a secret only my mother knows . I am a fighter. I fight for money, and I know it's probably not a decent job a teenager should have but it's just what I'm good at.

I'm known as Terror around bars, and almost all fighting clubs.

But at my home, I'm me. I'm only Daria. I don't fight back, I don't defend myself against any abuse. I just take it. I've never laid a hand on my father and it's better I don't. He thinks of me as someone so vulnerable and fragile. A useless and powerless teenager.

Well, If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be in a house and after all, he is the one who took care of me. He started abusing me last year. And I wouldn't want to be on the streets. Despite all the abuse, I love this family.

"I swear to God, if you don't come down in one second I will murder you, Daria!"

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my backpack swinging it across my shoulder.

"I'm ready!" I said walking into the kitchen and gave my mom a goodbye kiss.

"Finally. Have a nice day, and don't cause any trouble." She warned kissing me on the cheek.

"Yeah whatever. Bye mom!"

I chose to take my car and not motorcycle. I don't want to get much attention from my first day.

I got in my car and drove my way to the school.

As soon as I parked the car, I stepped out and went pale. Everyone is staring at me. Why are these people looking at me? Who are they? Why do they have the right to look at me? Is there something on my face?

I took a breath and started walking towards the gate slowly.

'Dude, check out this new chick! She's smokin'!'