Chapter 18

Hey guys!

If you haven't watched Moana yet, go watch it! It was really good.
---------------------------------------

Marie's P.O.V.

"Thanks for picking us up." I said to Phoenix who was driving.

My mom and Rosey 'slyly' had me sit next to him. 

"Of course. I'm so glad your okay." He whispered.

Rosey still doesn't know, but I'm don't know how long we can keep it from her.

"Look I think we should talk when we get to the beach house." I stated.

"Okay."

The ride to the beach house was short and nice. The scenery was beautiful and the company wasn't all that bad either. I just can't imagine telling Mom the story of meeting Phoenix.

"Okay Mom, Rosey, I am going to take Phoenix to the beach." I state.

I quickly leave before I can here the girly squeals from Mom and Rosey. 

We walked down the coast of a beautiful ocean. The burning sand beneath our feet. 

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" Phoenix asked without looking away from the never ending ocean. 

"We need to tell Rosey. We can't keep her in the dark. Especially if we are being hunted." I explained. 

"How do you suppose we tell her?" He asked after a moment. 

"I don't know. I mean I wish she didn't have to get involved in any of this, but she is in danger and she deserves to know why." I explained.

"So we tell her tonight at dinner. We will have your mom help." Phoenix proposed. 

"Okay." I nodded.

We continued down the sand, the salty wind in my hair. I wish everything were this simple. I wish that moments like this never ended. I want to have more of these moments with Phoenix and I intend to. Just as soon as this is over. We will all live so happily. Never having to worry about this stuff. Just being together, that's my new wish.

All of the sudden arms were wrapped around me and I was in the air being twirled around. 

"I missed you Marie." Phoenix whispered into my ear as he set my down leaving his arms around my waist.

"I missed you, too." I responded.  

We both slowly leaned in and kissed with the ocean breeze on our faces. The kiss was full of longing, nice, and yet teasing.

"We will get through this Marie." Phoenix assured me.

"I hope so." I sighed.

Later that evening after informing my mom about telling Rosey, we all day at the light wood stained circular table. My mom cooked us stir fry.

"This smells amazing Mrs. Dawson." Phoenix complimented.

"Why thank you Phoenix I hope you enjoy it."

As everyone was eating I was lost in thought, not just because of what to say to Rosey, but also what to do about John and the rest of the rogue CIA agents. Also what to do about my dad

"Marie, you okay?" Rosey asked.

"Yeah uh... Rosey?"

"Yes?"

Here we go.

"We have to tell you something. You see my dad, he doesn't have a normal job. He was a CIA agent who stole something from his partner before faking his death to protect my mom and I. Now his partner knows he is alive and wants to use my mom and I to draw my dad out. See his partner John kidnapped my mom and I, but I broke us out. Now we are at this beach house to think of the next step. My dad is still MIA and John is still after us." I explained.

We all sat there in silence for a moment before anyone spoke.

"So...your dad stole something from a rogue CIA agent, who will do just about anything to get it back? Which means we are all in danger?"

"Yeah pretty much." Phoenix replied.

"Wow. Um...I just need a little while to process this." She said getting up and walking away.

"Well I think that went well." Phoenix said.

My mom and I both looked at him like he was crazy.

After cleaning up the table I decided to go for a walk. Phoenix offered to go with me, but I politely declined. I really just needed time to think.

I walked along the shore line just thinking about how unprepared I was for all of this. Even with all my dad's training I still wasn't prepared. Hell I don't even know what my dad stole yet. I don't think I'll ever be as good as him.

"Man, you have really gotten strong pumpkin."

I turned around and what I saw made my eyes tear up.

---------------------------

Sorry about the long wait for the update. Had severe writers block. Hopefully I will be updating more know.

I think I know where I want to go with it, so I hope that will help me write faster.