Chapter 20

The story is almost over! Ahhh I'm so excited.
Enjoy 😊
______________________________________
"Where are you going to go?” Rosey asked.

“I’m going to solve this problem once and for all.” I said grabbing all the weapons and cash I had.

“I’m going with you.” Phoenix announced.

“We’re going with you.” Rosey corrected giving Phoenix a death glare.

“Guys, I love that you want to come with me, but-”

“But nothing.” Phoenix interrupted. “We’re going with you whether you like it or not.”

I was taken aback by this. I’ve found friends-correction they are more like family, that will stand by me no matter what. They are willing to risk their lives for me.

“Okay, but I don’t want my parents to know. Se grab only the essentials, and put them in this bag, then throw it out the window. We will tell my parents we are going for froyo. There’s a yogurt shop just down the road.” I explained giving them my bag.

“Sounds good.” Rosey said before she started packing.

“Okay when we get outside, you guys start the car, I’ll run go grab the back.” I told them throwing the bag out the window.

My mom and dad were sitting on the couch, talking, laughing, and drinking wine. How they got the wine and the glasses is beyond me.

“Hey, we’re going out for froyo. We’ll be back soon.” I told them.

“Alright, have fun and be safe.” My mom told us.

“And we can talk when you get back.” My dad adds.

“Sure, love you guys.” I called walking out the door.

Even though I was still angry, I might not see them again if this goes badly. So just in case I want them to know that I will always love them, no matter what.

Phoenix and Rosey went with the plan starting the car as I grabbed our semi-heavy bag. I realized this bag didn’t have nearly enough weapons for this fight. We would need reinforcements, and I knew just how to get them.

‘Hey guys, we need to stop in a little while to get another burn phone.” I told them as I got in the car.

Another thing my dad taught me, was to always have phone numbers in that notebook I carry, just in case. I have CIA contact information that John won’t know about. They will be able to help. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier. Then again I did have a lot on my plate.

“What do you need the burn phone for?” Rosey asked.

“I have some CIA contact information. They might be able to help us.”

“But isn’t John part of the CIA?”

“Yes, but only a certain section of the CIA is bad. There are sections that are still good, I just need them to help us. We don’t have the manpower, nor the weapons needed for this big enough of a mission, they will.” I explained.

“So when do you want to stop?” Phoenix asked from the driver’s seat.

“Not for a while, I don’t want my mom and dad to be able to find us.”

“See that’s what I don’t understand, why not just have your dad help us?” Rosey asked.

“Because I’m not 100% sure that I can trust my dad yet.” I explained.

“Why not? I mean Rosey has a point. Your dad has contact with the CIA.” Phoenix added.

“Look I’m not sure if my dad is all innocent in this. I mean, I don’t think it’s just a coincidence that he shows up now, after I rescued my mom, after we left the state. It just doesn’t add up.” I explain.

I mean if I think about it, maybe I am trusting people I shouldn’t be trusting. I trusted John and look where that got me.

“So you think your dad might be at fault here?” Phoenix asked.

“I don’t know for sure, it would just make sense.”

No one said anything after that. I was lost in thought. Thinking of the possibility that my dad might be the bad guy. What if the CIA never helped him fake his death? What if he did it on his own? I mean if he did this on his own then maybe John isn’t the bad guy after all. I mean my dad said so himself that if that file gets into the wrong hands something bad could happen to it. The only thing left is why he would come back? Why did he come back? Unless he needs something from us. Just what would it be.

“Uh...Marie?” Phoenix said cautiously.

“What?” I said snapping out of my thoughts.

“We are being followed.”