18. The Mask of Sorrow

"I can't find out the connection between the mayor's daughter and Scion. This doesn't make any sense. Maybe we have to give up now." MJ said in defeat as she disappointly slammed the files on the table.

"Yeah, this is useless. The two of them has nothing to do with us or to you. Let's quit this madness." Jen added and sips her drink while crossing her legs.

We meet in Figarró, indulging ourselves with frappes and pastries. We've been busy a lot and having some time with them is rare.

"Yeah, I'm sorry to bother the two of you. You shouldn't be involved here in the first place." I slumped my shoulders and looked around. My sisters were helping and now they were bothered for nothing.

"But there's a party coming this week. A masquerade set up by the Mayor. The only people who can enter there are the high-class families, elite businessmen and anyone who has a ticket. There's no way you can get there." MJ stated confidently while fixing her soft natural ebony hair.

Jen and I raised our eyebrows.

"What do you mean, 'you'? You mean the two of us?" We're puzzled thinking does MJ involved herself into something? Did she befriended a rich guy or fooled an old elite man?

"Yes. The two of you has no ticket. I was given by one of my friends who used to work in the mayor's house. She stole some tickets. But, I can have her steal again. Wait, I'm going to call her." MJ brought out her cell phone and started dialing.

"Hey, Georgia, I have a favor to ask you, can you please grab me two tickets? Yes, for the masquerade. Thanks!" She brings back her phone in her bag and glimpses at us.

"We will all go. Don't expect dad not to come. He has friends there too. See you in three days, sissies. I have to fetch my children in school. Jen? How about you?" MJ grabbed her bag and stands up.

"Let's go." They both left me in the shop. I looked around and left too after I saw Moe and a pretty girl approaching the entrance. He's a real sweetheart. When I pass through them, I just smiled at him.

*blag*

"Oh my God, are you alright?!" I heard a sound of impact with a hard glass and the reaction of a girl. I turn around and realized it was the girl worrying about Moe being bumped on the glass door. I quickly proceeded to where I was going.

"He should have kept his eyes straight." I grin while walking on my way home. The last time I was with him was two weeks ago. I moved on quickly though I still admire how nice he treated me. He confuses me because he cares for me when I'm around but hurts me also at the same time. I should never hate anyone especially Moe who's angelic and looks like a saint.

*Pffft*

On the day of the party, I prepared myself very well, checking my cream colored fitting long sleeved lace dress, my hairdo and wear my black laced mask. I turn around in front of the mirror.

"Darling, you don't look like you're 18 years old. You look like a fully grown woman." Dad entered my room inspecting me from head to toe.

"Wow dad, look at you when you're at your mask. You look like you're in your 20's. You'll be fooling a lot of women in there."