49. Intruder of the Night

New year's eve, Moe hasn't woke up yet. He's diagnosed as comatose and the doctor said that it might take long before he wakes up or never will he wake up.

The injuries on his head and the multiple trauma on his back has caused his brain to sleep. His family wouldn't want to talk to me and never allowed me to visit. At least they allowed my family and Czar to visit him. It's all enough for me.

While everyone's celebrating for the New Year's eve, I was in my room drowning myself in depression asking myself what to do and what should have been done.

Czar was very close to Moe that he would always look for his presence, touch and voice. "Bahba!"

"Shsh! Baba's sleeping." With Chief's help, we snuck into Moe's private room in the hospital in the middle of the night. No visitor is allowed so his family wasn't around. They gave me an hour limit for visiting so I brought Catherine and Czar with me. Czar used to call Moe as Bahba and I don't know why.

"Please behave, Czar," I whispered while placing Czar beside Moe. He touched Moe's chest like he wants to go upper toward's his face but I carefully restrained him.

"Auntie!" Catherine shouts in a whisper while pointing at Moe's fingers. "His hands are moving!" She screamed with gladness.

"Please wake up, Moe." I cried in tears while holding his hand with my free hand.

"Bahba!" Czar chuckled and bounced up and down on the bed so I stopped him. "Bahba chachacha mama!" He continues to chuckle that I carried him to avoid any disaster that we might cause. There were many tubes connected to him and any mistake might cause to his death.

Another week passed, Moe's progress was the movements of his body. Though he started to become thin, we know he's trying his best to survive and come back. This suffering that everyone was experiencing was all because of me. I couldn't forgive myself and my hatred towards me kept on rising.

"I'll visit someone in Baguio. Please look out for Czar." I kissed Czar's head and left him with Catherine. Dad will ask many questions so I grabbed the chance when he went out.

"Sovran, I'll be gone for a while. Please watch for Czar or ask someone to do it. Thanks!" I left him a voice message and start the journey. Baguio will be a long hour to travel and my plan should be well prepared.

Night time, I left my car at the park and took my important things with me. I took a cab and step out to the lawn next to the Lush mansion. 'I hope you're both in there.' I grin as I threw my bag very high and it landed in the bushes of the gate. I looked for a spot to hide but then, I recognize someone I haven't seen for a long time.

'Mara, what on earth are you doing?' She's wearing a chamber maid's dress and even if the night was dark, I knew it was her because of her voice.

"Yes, everything's fine but I couldn't get any information, they're too strict!" She's screaming in a whisper while she hides under a tree. "I have to go. The others are already coming." She ended the call and laughter can be heard from a bunch of ladies.

"Vera, what are you doing in there? We thought you were left." One of them asked in concern.

"Oh, shut up. Leave her alone. The weirdo will never fit in. Let's go." The maid who's in the first row bullies Mara which makes my blood boil. Mara is a friendly girl and no one in the underground has ever disrespected her.

I observed Mara, she tightened her fist and she seems like the words have her consumed a lot. 'I have to do something.' Before she makes a move, I showed up from where I'm hiding and shake my head. Her eyes popped out and her jaw dropped so I quickly hide again before they noticed what she saw.