20. Blood Bath

I was running again. It seems like an endless chase between the people in that mountain and I. I haven't seen what really they're doing.

But I sensed they're up to no good. There's evilness in their eyes, face, and actions. They are hiding something, something that forces them not to keep me alive. The woman with the bolo is holding a chest and hides it in one of the cabins. I quickly run away before they got their hands on me.

They don't care if one of them dies, they won't stop as long as I'm alive.

I saw the house that saved me from dying. I entered it again to hide for the second time.

"Brazen! Help me!"

"Scion?!"

As soon as I took the stairs, I was surprised of what I've seen. Scion's soaking with blood while the woman's restraining him with her bolo on his neck. His arms are tied around his body and have no chance of saving himself.

"No!"

The woman mockingly grins at me before she slashed Scion's neck.

"No!"

...

"Brazen! Wake up!"

*slap!*

"Aw! That hurts!" I winced in pain and touched my cheek.

"I cannot wake you no matter how hard I shout and shake you so I slapped you. You're having a nightmare. Edward heard you screaming like someone's hurting you or something." Dad is so worried he looks like he's going to cry.

I looked outside and it's still dark. It's still four o'clock in the morning.

"I'm sorry to bother everyone." I bowed my head. "Dad, I'm going out for a vacation."

He glanced at me in disbelief. "What?! What are you talking about? Who are you with? Where?!" He's already agitatedly screaming.

Mouth dropped open in surprise. My father has never been this scary. This is the first time I saw him like this. Maybe I shouldn't tell him much. It will only hurt the both of us and I will never forgive myself. Worse if my sisters find out that I caused him so much pain and worries.

"I'll be going to Abby's family vacation house. Ahm- I missed nature and pieces of stuff. I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." I tried to convince him, even if I was already shaking in fear.

"I'll think about it." He looked at the door and stood up to leave. "Be careful. I don't want you to be in trouble again. I hope you understand." He left my room and went back to his.

"Thank you!"

I just want to find out something. There's something that kept on pulling me to that place. And I won't stop until I find it out.

I wrote a message for daddy and sent it to Abby in case no one is able to contact me.

My bags are packed already and I grabbed our family car then left the town.

...