61. Rain of Pain

That day, when Sovran made me confess, he barely showed up until we are prepared to sleep. Though I want to talk to him, I let it all rest and wait for the next day.

"Hey!" Mom called at nine o'clock so I rose and walk outside so no one will be disturbed. "Please give my gift to Czar. It was under my bed."

Yes, tomorow is the twenty seventh day of August 2023. It was Czar and Scion's birthday and this will be the first time that I'm not around at his special day.

Mom told me that they'll be having the party in a water park. The guests invited will be the close relatives and neighbors. It is a child friendly water park where no one will be drowned or harmed.

The morning came, I called them and knew that they have already traveled and were on the road towards their destination. Czar and I talk for a while and they assured me that he will be fine.

 Czar and I talk for a while and they assured me that he will be fine

Today, I'm planning on seeing Scion in that farm. I hope I got a chance if he shows up. I wonder why he left me yesterday. We should be together walking out of the forest. 'Why?'

I left them early after breakfast telling them that I'll be going back in the forest to find the way where the picture was taken. They didn't allow me to go alone and Sovran forced himself to come with me. We silently walked together while I conceal the fighting tools that I brought.

Jude and Arima will be in the market for supplies while Alejandro and Emet will be wandering in the southern part.

"This is the farm of the Heron family that Emet has mentioned. According to Alejandro, at night time where everyone turned their lights off, the last floor of the mansion stays awake." I finally broke the silence and discuss to him what I know.

We stay unseen and unsespected from the gates where we observed that there were guards roaming around. Sovran brings out the compass and listed something. "Let's proceed."

"I saw someone looks like Scion. He was sitting at that spot when I got here. I tried to get his attention but he ignored me." We remained where I was yesterday and waited for Scion's presence.

"He's not here. Let's go." He pulled me towards the woods and continued marching where I went yesterday. We chose another direction to see where another path was going.

"Wait, slow down, I can't catch up." I paused for a moment while chasing my breath. My thigh muscles were still stiff.

We normally hiked in the forest until we heard a chopping sound. We tried to find who it was until we found the guy whose back is facing us. He was wearing an over sized white shirt, a brown cargo pants and a pair of old army green hiking boots.

"Scion!" When he turned to face us, I recognize the man I met yesterday, the man who made love with me.

"What?" He didn't hug me back and when I look at his face, he's still wondering with what's going on. That's where he suddenly pushed me away and grabbed his axe before leaving.