60. The End is just a Beginning

It has been three days since we left Duria. Czar had a flu so I always call dad about his condition. Jhun Mark managed the animal shelter and hired homeless animal lovers as much as he can. A generous veterinarian volunteered himself for a part time job and decided to take only half of his salary. Hopefully, we can have more like him.

I once met him. He talks about a young but matured looking man years ago who inspired him and promised to take the legacy. The name of the man was hidden for his safety.

Talking about that anonymous guy hiding under the name as Dr. Science makes me crave to meet him out of admiration. He was a hero. A hero in the darkness to bring out light. The Parvo vaccine was one of his greatest contribution and talking about the profession, it reminds me of Scion and Sovran.

'Scion, I'm coming. We'll be happy again.'

I wonder where Cole is. Maybe he's taken his mother with him or left her because it's a dangerous job. Being an accountant isn't easy and that's what I've learned from him.

How about Moe? There's no news from him since then. Maybe he's already where he deserves. He's always the dreamer whom I ever knew.

Well, I'm happy for all of them. They're now free from the danger that the Lush has put them through. Except for Scion, he couldn't rest and I was the one who put it all to end.

"What's going on, Sovran?" I went closer to him when I noticed that he and Alejandro were dicussing while glancing around.

"I lost my compass. Alejandro have one but it has fooling around." They continued tilting their heads deciding where to go next.

"Fooling around? Even your compass acts just like you! Here, take mine. Make sure to return it." I gave my compass and he recognized it.

"Damn, you got a handsome man." Alejandro took a closer look with the picture that was inside of the compass and I stepped away to leave them.

We continued travelling and beating up the sickness that caused by rain. We made sure we have as many medicines that we can carry. Arima dresses our wounds. We have knowledge with first aid and medicines but she's the expert.

Finally, on the fifth day, we had a glance of the village which needs another day before we can reach it.

"Ah!" Arima accidentally stepped on a loose soil where she nearly died if not with the help of a large root that appeared from the loose soil.

"Hold on!" Jude quickly puts down his travelling bag and grab Arima's wrist. Her eyes were flooded with tears while her lips and face turned pale with fear. Jude pulled her up like a weightless doll.

"Thank you!" She quickly hugged Jude with a tight grasp and sob. We can hear with the sound of her wailing how much terrified she felt that moment. I comforted her hugging her in between Jude and I.

At that time, we decided to find safe spot and hidden from the view of the village. The bonfire started and Alejandro took a binocular. I followed him bringing mine too.

Alejandro didn't notice that I was just behind him as I silently sit and take a look. Later on he brought out a pen, small lamp and a small note book then started to write.

"What are you writing?" I glanced from behind him and he immediately jerked in surprise.

"Damn, Brazen! What the fuck are you thinking?!" He turns off the light and combed his hair with his fingers.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized in whisper. He bursts out the air from his mouth and put on the light again.

"I'm noting what time the sun sets and wait what time they'll sleep. Let's head back. It's still early for them to sleep." He stands and pulled me up. We both went back to the camp.