Prologue

I'm sitting on a bench in the park as I watch people go by their own business

I'm sitting on a bench in the park as I watch people go by their own business. I shiver as the cool wind of the morning blows at my direction, causing my hair to blow on the wind.

I sigh and a small snowy fog is revealed. I sigh once more and look further into the distance, getting lost in my own haunted thoughts.

I stand up from the bench and decide to take a stroll around the park. People watch me pitifully, almost like I'm a lost girl with no life in me. Like a zombie.

I stop by an old lady sitting by a bench, feeding pigeons and decide to sit next to her.

"Morning, dear," she says as she continues to feed the pigeons with more bird seeds.

"Hi," I said, more like mumbled to myself.

"You look upset. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked and I shook my head at her, looking into the distance once more. Thinking deep. Deeper than I am intended to.

I warm, wrinkly hand rests on mine, immediately disturbing my thoughts.

"Strangers can be of help too, dear," she says and I smile at her just a small smile.

"It's just life. It has played someone horrendous games with me and sometimes I wonder to myself, like what my future holds, what fate holds for me. Sometimes I feel like I've got a firm grip on my destiny and sometimes I feel it slipping through my fingers," I say and look into the distance once more.

"I'm sorry. I'm probably rambling some random things right now," I say and chuckle lightly.

"No dear, I totally get where you're heading with this. It's a fact that life is full of ups and downs and sometimes yoh just wonder to yourself, where am heading with mine?" She says and I nod abruptly at her.

"Right. Life is so complicated. It's like trying to solve a three thousand piece puzzle," I say and the old lady chuckles at my statement.

"You know, dear, sometimes you should just picture life like a videogame. You need to think wisely before your next strike. You can't just go around and do whatever you want. Now I'm probably the one speaking rubbish right now," the old lady giggles and I can't resist but to join her.

"So what you're implying is-" I am cut off by the old lady.

"When life fails, grab it by its balls and tell it face to face, you won't defeat me or your losing these precious balls," I laugh at what the old lady says and she joins me.

"I get it. Thanks so much..." I say.

"Mabel. Just call me Mabel."

"Thanks, Mabel." I thank her once more.

"No problem, dear. Like I said, strangers can be of help too," I nod my head and hug her 'cause I know that this is the last time I will be seeing her.

I bid her farewell and walked off, deciding to myself that today is the day I live my life to the fullest.