Chapter 50

"Love, love, are you okay?" Someone asked continuously, as I stirred in my sleep.

I rapidly blink my eyes, adjusting to the bright light that lit the room. Opening my eyes, I'm met with Zander's icy blue eyes.

"Princess, I thought I lost you. Never do that to me again." Zander said as he gently held my face in his hands.

I realised that I was laying in a hospital bed. I was dressed in a blue robe that reached my thighs.

Tubes were connected to my body. And bandages were wrapped around my neck, my head as well as my legs.

Tears brimmed in his eyes. I wish I could wipe them away. But I don't think that was possible at the moment.

"I'm alright, Zander. Just a bit sore in a few places." My voice souded more like a loud froggy groan.

Zander quickly poured me a glass of water. Helping me sit up, he helps me drink it. He wipes away the droplets of water that had manages to make their way on my lips.

"Thanks," I said slightly relieved for quenching my thirst.

"Where's everyone?" I asked all of a sudden. Worry clouded Zander's face, before he had quickly replaced it.

"Everyone's waiting outside the room for you. The doctor allowed me to see you first," he told me.

"Are they all alright. The damage Xavier has caused--" he cut me off.

"No need to worry. Everyone's alright, my love. I'll inform the doctor that you're awake." he whispered reassuringly, taking my hand in his, kissing it gently, before standing up and leaving the room.

Silence settled inside, but went as soon as it came when everyone entered into my room.

"My God, Alyssa. You had me frightened there. I thought I was gonna lose you," Ruth said to me as she pulled me in for a bear hug, making me groan in pain.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," she said, her face clouded with worry.

"It'a okay, Ruth," I said, giving her a small smile.

"How are you dear?" Mom stepped forward, Alpha Marcus, or should I say dad, close to her side.

She wiped away something from my cheek, only then had I realised that I was crying.

"Don't cry, Alyssa. Everything is alright. We're here aren't we? All your loved one are still here with," she said.

Dad got emotional, wiping away a tear secretly. They both pulled me in for a hug. Making sure not to hurt me in the process.

"I'm glad you're alright, my daughter. I thought we nearly lost you. But we didn't and I'm glad to see you safe and sound," dad added making me more teary.

"Where's Lucas?" I said all of a sudden. Everyone looked away, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"Well," Ruth started off.

"I'll tell you," Zander said, looking worried as the doctor stalked in after him. He sat on the edge of my bed. He gently squeezed my hand before releasing it.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, he looked away, not able to look me in the eyes.

"Lucas, is alright? Right?" I asked him, but there was no answer. Holding his face and turning it towards mine, I asked him the same question.

Zander took my hand off his face, kissing it slightly. Taking a deep breath, he looked me in the eyes. Uncertain whether to tell me the truth or not.

"Lucas was brutally injured during battle. We managed to bring him here just in time, but the doctor said that his health was fatal. He was deteriorating."

My heart quickened, making my palm sweat immensely. I shook my head, tears brimming in my eyes.

"He was taken for an operation. But Lucas was unable to make it."

Tears tumbled down my cheeks, as I tried to stop myself from crying anymore.

"Lucas has passed away."

______________________________________

Thanks for reading!