6

My day started In a rush as Lily and I woke up really late. Arriving late at work for the first time makes my stomach churn.

"Anna what happened? You're really late today" Laurel states the obvious and I sigh

"Is Mr Hawk here already?" I ask and she nods

Great

Could this day get any worse

As soon as I enter my office the office phone rings and my nervousness increases.

Oh lord I hope I don't get fired.

"Annalise Johnson here, how may I help you" I say

"Kindly come to my office Miss Johnson" Mr Hawks voice booms from the speaker and i quiver

"Right away sir" I reply and he hangs up
Walking shakily towards his door, I knock hearing a faint come in. I take a deep breath bracing myself for the worst to come.

"Good morning Sir" I greet

"Miss Johnson, please have a seat." He says and I sit. He hands me some documents

"These are documents for project Pegasus. I need a photocopy of each to be kept in our custody, and then I need you to deliver the documents to Anders incorporated." He says

"Sure thing Sir, would that be all?" I reply taking the documents in my arms

"Next time Don't be late." He says sternly and I nod

"You may leave." He dismisses. I sigh quietly in relief while making my way back to my office to get my keys and my bag before heading to the elevator .

"Heading out again" Laurel asks
"Yeah. Gotta deliver these" I wave the documents.
"Be safe" she says and I smile
"Thank you" I walk out of the building.

I turn on the ignition, connecting my phone to the car via Bluetooth, searching my playlist on Apple Music for a bit before settling for NO LOVE by summer walker(with Sza)

Perfect

I pull out of the drive way making my way to Anders Inc.

_____

"Hi, I'm Annalise Johnson from Black Hawk incorporated and I'm here to see Mr Anders" I tell the receptionist. I await her response but she ignores me typing away on her computer.

I take a deep breath before repeating myself
"Hi, I'm Annalise Johnson from Black Hawk-"

"I heard you" She cuts me off and I try my best not to say anything I'd regret

"Well.." I look her straight In the eyes. She pushes her chair back a little before standing

"Follow me, I was informed about your arrival" She says walking ahead of me. I walk behind her quietly, watching her leggy figure approach the elevator. She presses the button and we both step in and then she looks at the mirror running her hands through her curly auburn colored hair, her acrylic nails glitter away as she adjusts the hem of her blouse.

The elevator dings and she steps out greeting the receptionist and they chat away totally ignoring my presence.

I clear my throat, already annoyed.

"Oh yes, can you buzz her in, she's here to see Mr Anders" she tells the other receptionist who gives me a nasty look.

"You might want to take it easy in there" the girl with Auburn hair says and they both laugh Before she heads back to her post.

"Sir, there's someone here to see you" She says and then she she looks at me

"Uh Miss..." she waves her hands

"Johnson" I say

"Miss Johnson sir." She speaks.
"Alright Sir" She says before hanging up.

"You can go in, the black door across the room" She points and I nod. Not saying anything.

I walk to the door and knock politely, hearing a faint come in from the other side of the door.

I turn the door knob and walk in

"Good day Mr Anders" I say and he looks up at me. He stares for a while making me a bit uncomfortable.

_____
Keith's POV

She walks into the office looking as beautiful as ever. The Burgundy dress she has on compliments her figure nicely. Her blonde hair makes her almost unrecognizable.

She looks beautiful

"Ah hem" She clears her throat and I tear my gaze off her.

"Have a sit Miss Johnson" I decide to be really formal teasing her a bit

"Well." I say
I know I'm being a jerk but the look on her face makes me continue

She looks so cute, I know she's upset because of the way she pouts her lips

"Mr Hawk asked me to get these delivered." She places the documents on the table.

"These documents contain necessary information for project Pegasus, right from the start of project till the end. He wants you to take a look at them and then give him feedback. If you have any problem with any line or paragraph. You can let him know." I take the files from her going through them.

"Sure, I will. Please give my regards to Mr Hawks." I tell her and she stands.

"Yes Sir, I'll leave now"She says heading for the door

"7pm Annalise" She stops but doesn't look back and then she walks out of the door.

I'm definitely making up for this tonight

Authors Note
Hi everyone,
I hope you're all enjoying the book, because I am.
Feel free to leave comments here and there. Interact.
I also want to give special thanks to my readers who believe in me. You all give me the motivation and morale I need. God bless you💝

Faith.